Chapter 2

"If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you've made, if they don't realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go." By: Steve Maraboli
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2

Ihesha

"Please don't let my ass be fired right now." I looked to the ceiling as if God was right there with me.

"I am pregnant now and in desperate need of a source of income." Talking out loud to myself has become a new habit these days.

Sometimes I wonder how I get through the day without ending up at the Bellevue Asylum for the insane. Literally.

Here i am complaining about income when I could easily live off my savings for an approximate 3 years along with this baby. Ah boy...the things I do.

Am in desperate need of a fucking pressure release. Yes that's exactly what i need. I'm so hot and exhausted from these hormonal changes, it's irritating actually. No earthquake could release the amount of pressure inside me at this instant. I am practically a sizzling volcano waiting to explode.

Maybe I should go and see a doctor and get some information on my situation. Yes, that exactly what am going to do.

Just wait until that mother of mine catch wind of this. It's gonna be a damn nightmare. The woman is terrifying.

I still can't understand why that woman hates me. Sometimes I think she isn't even my biological mother. "God I hope not!" I sighed sarcastically.

But as Marlyn Monroe says- 'if you can't accept me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best'.

Finally I finished stuffing my belongings into the box on my desk. Walking over to the door I take one last look at the office I loved so much. It's confines has been my comfort zone for the short six months that i've been here. My little getaway as I so like to call it since I graduated from MIT last fall and got the job here. It has helped me well.

Being able to move out of my parents house and buy myself a decent two story house has been the biggest accomplishment since I started here. I guess it's over now.

You could say that I was working crazy money. But money never phased me. It's just paper filled with colored ink. Word of advice- never let money dictate who you are. Money has the power to build you and it also has the power to break you. Don't be fooled.

Closing the door I followed the path of my boss. I thought she would be in her office but instead she was waiting rather impatiently for me by a closed door with a bright blue ribbon across it. On the same floor might I add. Now I was confused.

So if she needed me to switch offices, did she have to make it sound like I was being fired. Ugh! People these days. I scoffed inwardly.

"Did you have Adam Levine in that office to lift and take with you?" She curtly questioned. Annoyance laced in her voice.

"No Miss." I said politely. She turned to the mahogany door and pulled me to stand beside her. My eyes widened at the name and title plate. Vice president of IT, Computer Forensics and Network Security Specialist.
Ms. Ihesha Drisdale.

The box in my hand fell to the ground as my hand shot to my opened mouth. "Is this for real?!" I croaked, more like asked in a hushed tone. "This is happening!" Something to celebrate about later. My inner voice piped in. Just in case you're wondering, no more bars for me.

"Yes, all your colleagues voted for you in the board meeting we had a while ago." All traces of exasperation disappeared from her voice. "Of which you were noticeably missing from." She added but clapped her hands together and grinned from ear to ear gleefully.

I should be the one grinning like a manic, I got the freaking promotion.

"Well aren't you going to open it?" My boss all but bounced up and down in her expensive Christian Louboutin pumps while handing me a scissors to cut the ribbon as she snapped a photo.

Turning the knob I pushed the door wide open.

Surprise!!!

*~*~*~*

Thanks for reading guys.

Here is the update as promised.

I really hope you enjoy it.
Remember to vote, comment and share with your friends.

Who do you think surprised her?

Let me know in your comments.

Love always!!