━03

ACT ONE THREEholly jolly

ACT ONE
THREE
holly jolly.

Waking up the morning after watching someone get killed by some humanoid creature has never been, and will never be easy

Waking up the morning after watching someone get killed by some humanoid creature has never been, and will never be easy. Flashes of Barb's face continuously woke Rowan up. Sweat ran down his body and his shirt stuck to his skin. Sun rays came through the window as the sun rose to begin another day. Alarms rang throughout the house as the Griffiths started waking up.

Rowan rubbed his eyes as he pushed himself up. His skin felt clammy and as he saw himself in the mirror he was paler than usual. Sweat seeped through his shirt and hair. His hair was tousled and poked up in multiple areas.

He could have sworn he heard Rome walking back and forth from her room to the bathroom. She sounds just as sluggish as he was. Though, hers was probably alcohol induced. Rowan flopped back down on the bed and felt his heart beat quickly. Memories and visions of whatever happened last night come back.

Shaking his head the black-haired teen stood slowly and grabbed an extra pair of clothes. A knock sounded on his door and it was opened before he could say come in.

Rome took one glance at his appearance and winced, "Dad is taking mom down to the garage and Royal to school. He left the other car for us to use. Take your time though." The girl whispered. Rowan took in her appearance and she looked mostly okay, just a little hungover if anything.

He nodded in response and grabbed some clothes walking into the bathroom. As the water poured down on him he almost felt entirely better. All that was left was the low buzzing in the back of his mind. Rome was sitting on his bed looking through a magazine while she waited for him.

"Better?" She asked quietly as she looked him over for anything thing off.

"Yeah, all good. I hazed out before heading to the party yesterday. Guess the effects weren't completely gone." Rowan whispered back as he pulled on a leather jacket covered in pins and patches.