Friend or Woe

« Let's assess, shall we? Bag over my head for optimal disorientation, wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation, and no idea if I'm going to live or die. It's definitely my kind of party. »

Damian & Wednesday are seated on a chair with a bag over their heads and their wrists tied behind their back

When the bag bets pulled off they see people in cloaks with hoods around them and the light of a projector shining on them

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" a female mysterious voice asks.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." Wednesday tells her calmly.

This causes Bianca to scoff as she lowers her hood along with the other members

« And just like that, my hopes were dashed against the rocks of bitter disappointment. My foe was no psychotic killer. More like a bunch of high school clowns. »

Damian could see Bianca, Xavier, Ajax, Yoko, Kent & Divina once they lowered their hoods and took off their masks

"Wait, I preferred you with it on." Wednesday quips.

This makes Damian chuckle loudly

Bianca gives them an annoyed look

"How did you get down here?" Xavier asks the duo.

"Rowan showed me." Wednesday replies.

She gestures with her eyes to her left pocket

"Left pocket." she tells him.

Xavier walks forward as he takes out the ripped folded drawing out of Wednesday's pocket to look at it

"I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle." Wednesday explains.

"Wait, there's a riddle?" the siren named Kent asks the group shocked. "I thought we just snapped twice." he says voicing his thoughts.

The rest of group scoff, shake their heads in disappointment and rolling their eyes

"Well, you're definitely not the sharpest tool in the box." Damian states.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club." Bianca explains to him & Wednesday. "Emphasis on elite." she adds.

"We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dip." Yoko lists off.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist." Divina adds.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild." Ajax tells Damian & Wednesday excited.

"Umm... Ajax." Damian begins. "Does Enid know about all of this?" he asks him. "Cause, I bet when she finds out for herself. She's not gonna be happy." he explains to him.

This silences Ajax giving Damian the answer he was expecting

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime?" Wednesday asks mockingly.

"Also, last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded." Damian tells them.

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." Xavier reveals.

This causes Damian & Wednesday to look at him in curiosity

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves." Yoko explains the club's situation.