Chapter 8: Avoiding Issues

After that nerve-wrecking conversation with Yumi, Nene had made a decision that night after Kou dropped her off at home. A decision that might not last long.

She would avoid Amane Yugi at all cost.

Even though Nene kept trying to convince herself that it wasn't true, she knew that Amane had intended to kiss her then and there on the beach. It was impossible to deny now.

Only if Tsukasa hadn't interrupted them...

Nene was quick to push that thought away and scold herself mentally. Stop it, Nene! If she wanted to avoid him it was going to be tough. After all that was Hanako-kun. She needed to focus.

She wasn't in the position to go against Yumi. Most of her friends didn't believe what Aoi had said and it might end badly. If Nene were to attack Yumi, she was sure Yumi would turn the tables against her in some way.

And then she might be the one ending up looking like the bad guy.

That would be the worst.

So, the best decision was to avoid the love of her life. And act as if he didn't try kissing her. And especially not getting in Yumi's way.

The sun was bright the next morning. And Nene woke up from her slumber. Today was the day she starts avoiding him.

Nene gets up to get ready and go to Kamome University. Her parents don't give her much of a glance as usual. She rushes out the front door with a toast in her mouth. She walks down the familiar path in a hurry.

Grabbing the toast from her mouth, she bites it and chews it as she walks. The taste of chocolate and wheat bread hit her taste buds. She couldn't help but hum in delight. Yummy.

She wished all mornings could be like this.

Nene spots a familiar purple colour hair girl on the way. "Aoi!" She exclaimed, as her best friend turned around and smiled when she saw her. Nene glanced at Aoi's legs. "How's your legs?" She asks, concerned.

Aoi smiled, sweetly. "Nene-chan! My legs feel great now!" She laughed and Nene joined her laughter until it dissolved. Aoi spoke up again. "How about you?"

Nene shrugs her shoulders as she completes eating her toast. "Fine now. But what do we do Aoi? No one seems to believe us!" She said, feeling a hint of betrayal in her own voice. Aoi noticed it.

Aoi's eyes turned serious. "Don't worry, Nene-chan! Akane-kun and me will find a way to expose her!" She growled, and holds her hand to comfort her.

Nene relaxes a bit. But the stress is still visible on her face. "Aoi! She's attacking you as well though!" She protested, trying to make her understand the risk.

Aoi sighed.

"Relax, Nene-chan. Akane-kun said he'd protect me. And there is no way that devil can go past him to get to me!" She joked and Nene looked at her, eyebrows furrowed.

"Right." Nene deadpanned, as they continued walking down the even pathway. She almost forgot about Akane. Almost.

The university came into their view. Nene didn't know if she should relax or feel panic. All she knew is that she was feeling both which made no sense whatever so. They reached the front gates and walked inside.

She was nervous.

Some of her friends stood together chatting beside the large tree beside the building, perhaps waiting for them. She happened to notice a pair of amber eyes in the group. Nene froze. Amane turned around his eyes lid up at the sight of her.