Chapter 2: Mr. Chatterbox

TW: Foul Words

"Your name suits you," he said while looking down. "Thanks" we were both sitting down at the bus stop. Waiting for the rain to stop pouring. "Can I get your number? You seem really fun to hang out with." Me? Fun? In one sentence? That seems weird, my so-called 'friends' labeled me as boring.

He gave me his phone and asked me to save my number. I did so I gave it back to him. As the rain stopped, the bus arrived. "Thanks! Well, I have to go now, Call me If you need someone to talk to" he smiled at me and waved. I waved at him back.

I was walking home when I could still hear my mom and her husband fighting. Jeez, It's been an hour, and they're still at it?

Visiting them was no use. I used the back door and went to my room to pick up the stuff I left there.

I grabbed my bag and left our house. I am never planning to go back here ever again. This house only reminds me of destruction.

My car was parked outside, I opened my car and placed my belongings in the back seat, and quickly went inside my car, not wanting my mom to catch up to me.

Before I could start driving I messaged my mom.

OTP:

Kehlani: Mom, I left earlier than expected. I can't stand seeing you and your husband constantly fighting whenever I visit you.

I blocked her since I didn't wanna hear another one of her lame excuses. I know her husband doesn't really appreciate me visiting them, but I only visit his house for mom.

What does he think I want? It's pretty bold of him to think I visit his house because I want mom to break up with him.

Trust me, I already tried that a million times. I started my car and drove to my small apartment, it was small and minimal but I loved my home. It gives me peace.

While driving, I turned on the radio and some weird songs started playing, what I meant by weird is songs I didn't really like.

So I turned on my Bluetooth and connected my playlist to the radio. I played Trust by Justin Beiber I started jamming into it while driving.

I arrived outside my apartment, I just needed a parking spot. I left my car and tried to find a parking spot, luckily I found one right away since there might be someone who needed to cross the road even though the street is empty.

I parked near a restaurant next to my apartment. I took my bag from the back seat and went inside the building. I stood at the elevator and before I could press the close button, someone held it,
"Wait! I need to get in!" a guy said.

"Kenji?!" Was it really him? What was he doing here?

"Oh, hey Kehlani," he smiled at me showing his deep dimples.

This time he was wearing black glasses. "What are you doing here? Are you following me?" I asked him while frowning. He immediately replied "No, no! Of course not! I wouldn't stalk you!" I doubted what he said.

"What are you doing here then?"

"I recently moved here 3 days ago" Hmm 3 days ago, I was at my mom's husband's place... I guess that's why I didn't notice. "Oh ok, what floor are you on?" I asked in curiosity. "36," he said, wait, that's my floor! But I didn't bother telling him.

"Well, this is my floor Kehlani, bye" he gave me a cheerful smile and left. I didn't have a choice but to follow him. He even lived in the same corridor? What the hell? Soon, he stops, which also made me stop.

"Are you following me?"

He said in a cold, scary tone. He turned to me and looked at me coldly. I gulped before answering.

"No, my door is right there." I pointed. His facial expression quickly changed into an excited one. "Really? My door is literally beside yours!" he opened his apartment door.

I was left speechless so I just smiled at him awkwardly "Oh, Uhm, cool" and went inside my apartment. Who knew someone would live there?

I placed my bag beside my sofa and went to my room. I quickly lay down, I was exhausted as fuck. Due to the events that happened today.

I know my mom would probably be calling me right now, but I don't care.

It's a good thing she doesn't know where I live yet, but she does know that I have my own apartment now. Before I knew it, I was sleeping soundly.

I woke up because my alarm, ringing too fucking loud. It's currently Saturday. Which means I didn't have to go to work today.

As I was preparing my breakfast, someone knocked on my door. I opened it and found...

"Kenji? What are you doing here?" He was holding a plate of pancakes.

"Breakfast?" He said while showing his annoying smile.

"Thanks?" I awkwardly accepted it. I didn't really wanna take it but again, I didn't want to be rude.

" Wow, your place looks like a total mess," he said while taking a peek at my apartment. " None of your business actually," I said as I slammed the door.

Why does he keep bothering me?! He's so annoying. I placed the pancake on my table and cooked myself a meal.

Hours passed, and I was watching a series on Netflix. I suddenly got hungry, I still haven't eaten Kenji's pancakes. I left them on the table.

I went to my kitchen, shocked, it was still edible looking. I took a fork and sliced the pancake.

" If I die, it's because of this pancake he made." I closed my eyes hoping there isn't any poison placed there.

Wow, it actually tastes good. Soon, I finished the plate of pancakes. I washed it and decided to give it back to Kenji.

I didn't really feel like going out of my apartment but, whatever I have to give this back, or else, I'll owe him something.

So I got up and cleaned myself before going to his front door. Before I could knock, he already opened the door.

"Oh hey Kehlani" he smiled and noticed me holding his finished pancake. "Did you enjoy it?" I nodded and gave it to him, then left before he starts talking again.

Ugh, what a chatterbox.