Epilogue

Up in the skies where no mortal eyes could lay upon, the Heavenly Realm was hidden among the vast sea of white clouds, and even higher up where no gods could dream of touching was the Divine Realm where the Divine Ones dwelled. Of the Divine was a man who had been a mere mortal and had been reborn into the body of a god. Walking amidst the Heavenly Realm, he slowly but surely grew in power to the point where even the Heavenly Emperor was no match for him. Before long, he ascended to the Divine Realm as one of the Divine Ones. All those who had belittled him were laid to waste and any retaliation from the Heavenly Realm below suffered Divine Judgement, thus restoring peace to the once corrupted Heavenly Realm.

The Divine Realm was peaceful and silent with the skies a pattern of auroras and a multitude of stars. A gentle and cool breeze blew past and in the distance, a man slowly made his way through the Divine Palace. Each stride was graceful and elegant as his grand, white robes brushed against the petals which scattered themselves on the ground.

The Divine Palace was similar in design to the Imperial Palace with its towering white structures and silver and gold accessories. The silver trees and flowers were of the rarest and most exquisite breed, a single branch or fruit worth millions as they were akin to ancient elixirs. The sound of wind chimes could be heard in the distance along with the running, clear stream as the man walked over a bridge, leading to one of the innermost palaces: the Lily Palace.

A large tree sat in the courtyard of the Palace, its silver leaves shimmering with a golden hue each time a breeze blew past. Lilies cascaded down onto the ground, surrounding the area at the base of the tree, and with it, a lone, young girl whose body laid against a root of the tree that wrapped around the trunk. Her long, silky blonde hair which swept to her ankles neatly settled around her, the silver diamond headdress in her hair tinkling with each breeze. Her simple yet exquisitely designed white and silver robe matched the man's as it brushed against the lilies that bloomed around her, her sleep undisrupted even as a lily fell onto her hair.

The man stood before her before sitting down gently by her side, his long, maroon-pink hair flowing behind him as he removed the lily from her hair. He brushed back a lock of her golden hair and his maroon-pink eyes shone with warmth and affection, contrary to the usually cold and merciless gaze he held toward others. The man was none other than Ren Kouha who had quickly risen to the peak and placed himself on the throne of the Divine Emperor.

But, controlling all aspects that encompass the many worlds and lives was far too great of a burden on a lone being, no matter how powerful he may be. Hence, the existence of another that the Divine Emperor placed on a throne equal to him: the throne of the Divine Empress.

"Lucy," he whispered her name gently.

In the Divine Realm, the two were the only Divine Ones with the rukh at their command, and together, they overlooked the Heavenly Realm below them and all realms alike. They were the overseers of the Great White Flow and the many worlds and lives that encompassed it. But, every now and then, the Divine Empress would fall into a deep slumber. Though she herself was unaware of the cause, the Divine Emperor was more than aware of the truth. After all, he was the one who put her into a deep slumber.

Her robes rustled against the lilies and with a soft flicker of her lashes, she slowly opened her eyes, giving way to those mesmerizing, honey-brown orbs which shone with a tint of gold.

"Have you awoken?" Kouha's voice was gentle and soft.

Glancing to her side, she felt his hand gently caress her cheek. Staring into the distance, a tear rolled down her cheek.

"What did you dream about?"

She shook her head, her vision clearing. "I don't know," she answered just as she did all the times before when she finished a life. "Just," the tears spilled from her eyes, "it was a very sorrowful dream."