The day after tomorrow

Thursday, 4th day of 'exam week'

.

Faculty office, 7:30 A.M.

.

Chabashira POV

.

.

"That should wrap up everything on today's agenda; please ensure your students are on their best behavior once again for our honored guests."

"Haah.... almost over...."

I muttered under my breath. Every morning since this special exam started, the 2nd-year teachers have gathered in the faculty office for debriefing of the day's events. Resource allocation, guest accommodation, necessary paperwork and communication between the students are vital to ensure the exam runs smoothly.

"Oh, speaking of guests, we'll be having more attendees tomorrow for the final day, so let's make sure we have adequate accommodations ready for them."

More guests? I've lost count of how many we're at now. As the weekdays go by, the number just keeps increasing. The influence Professor Ayanokoji has in the political and business world is staggering.

"Yes sir, we have more than enough seating and space available for the Professor's guests."

"That's good to hear Chabashira-sensei; however, the new guests are not the professor's invitees. They are the board of commissioners' guests. Many of them have ties in the educational and youth development divisions here in Japan. This exam has become a national spectacle."

The commissioners?

Naturally they too are allowed to bring guests, but....

The main point of having guests was for Professor Ayanokoji to cover up the truth of the White Room. If word of the facility's true nature were to be leaked to the public; the word of his trusted guests, whom hold high positions in society, would counteract these claims as fraudulent.

So, how would he react to guests that weren't of his choosing?

"We'll have everything in order as requested.... may I ask you something chairman?"

"Hm, what is it, Mashima-sensei?"

Cutting me from my thoughts, Mashima-sensei, looked at me before speaking. He looked uneasy, and I instantly knew what he was going to ask. It's been weighing on my mind as well.

"With the current point difference, are our students able to even-"

"Come now, I think you... no, I think all of us should continue to have full faith in our students."

"Yes.... of course, sir."

Faith can only take someone so far.