Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy

Author's Note:

Ok so I get that the Old Headmaster is a great character, but I have a grudge to hold with him because he interrupted Friday and Ian's second kiss. So I decided to change it...

1) I used @fridaysbrowncardigan 's dorm arrangement 'cos like... it couldn't be any other way ( and her cell phone rule because like I couldn't have written it without it).

2) This is the second last chapter of the 8th book ( Friday Barnes Never Fear, or the green one as my friends call it). You may want to read that first

3) I added a PA system to Highcrest because it's in the first book but not the rest so...

4) The song Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy by Queen is run throughout this chapter, I've linked it. It's not necessary to know the song, but there are some quotes and it's in the story a fair bit.

5) In the comments I've got additional facts and things, so make sure to check it out!

Let's go!

Some days after discovering the gold, once Highcrest was back to normal (if it ever was) and the teachers stopped giving mass amounts of homework to ''Make up for lost time"(yeah, right), Friday and Binky were sitting in Chemistry, which was going unusually well, when they heard the chime of the school speaker system. All eyes in the room turned to Friday - although her name hadn't even been called. The students in year 12 were familiar with the fact that eight times out of ten it was Friday who was being summoned by the speaker, and they were correct in their prediction.

"Friday Barnes to Doctor Belcredi's office at once, please" Miss Priddock's voice rang through the spacious science building.

Friday sighed. What was it this time? She hadn't done anything, or at least she didn't think so

"Oh, him too?" The receptionist's voice quietened "Okay, by the way, what to you think's going on there? Margaret Cannon talks about them all the ti..."

Dr Belcredi's clear voice burst through the room. "Honestly! Could Ian Wainscott come too? Thank you." Her voice, too, quietened. "The entire school doesn't need to know about Marge's gossip addiction,  their relationship's like her fuel - along with Say Yes to the Dress - of course..."

"Um, Naomi?"

The line went quiet and the classroom burst into laughter. That is, with the exception of Binky (who was far too polite) and Friday ( whose face had gone scarlet and was swiftly sweeping her stationary into a pencil case).

The last thing the girl heard was Binky saying "I'll get your homework!" as she promptly left the room , then the science building.

Now, of course you think that if you are a genius, you have your life "easy". Unfortunately, that's not exactly what life is like for Friday. Her mind is always whirring at a million miles per hour.

Because of this fact,  Friday's brain was going crazy as she was walking to the headmistress's office.

Was she being framed?

Had Ian done something?

Was there a case that needed solving?

Why was Ian needed?

                                                                                                ...

Ian slowly walked from music, guitar (classical, the one he played in the school orchestra) in tow. He of course knew he  hadn't done anything wrong. Friday, on the other hand... was interesting. She randomly kissed him, outed him for stealing toilet paper (which shouldn't've been punishable by the way - it was only 1-ply!), stopped talking to him, and then they were just 'back to normal'? She hadn't said ANYTHING.