Chapter 49- Written by A

"This might sting a little," Mothra warned. Laying in a soft bed of sand, Taron held still as the Queen of the Monsters addressed her wound. It stung bad and her throat was sore. It hurt to talk. So the phoenix sat there, letting Mothra do her thing. She watched as Godzilla and Rodan talked nearby.

"What in the name of kaiju happened, Rodan?" Godzilla demanded, his arms crossed over his chest. Gazing up at the overgrown lizard, Rodan glanced over at Taron. Giving her a wink, he then explained, "I'm not entirely sure what happened my king." Baring his teeth, Godzilla swatted Rodan across the face and snapped, "I need more than I don't know!"

"I wasn't finished, my king," Rodan muttered. Meeting Godzilla's glare with one of his own, he continued, "From what I saw, Taron was relaxing on the beach. Knowing how you don't like me hanging out with the others, I kept my distance while I was hunting. Then all of the sudden these humans came and attacked her. If I'm being honest my king, if I hadn't helped I don't think the chica would've made it."

"That was a very courageous thing you did Rodan," Mothra chirped, finished with Taron's wounds. Jabbing Godzilla with her claw, she hissed, "Right Goji?" Taron and Rodan snickered at that. Huffing, Godzilla muttered, "Yes my love." Turning to Rodan, he snarled, "Don't think for a second that this changes anything. You still can't be hanging out with the other Titans."

"Goji!" Mothra exclaimed. Shocked, Rodan spat angrily, "I just saved the chica's life!"

"Can I at least have a chance to thank my savior my king?" Taron asked softly. Bowing her head, she added, "Before you send him away please." Sighing heavily, Godzilla nodded his head before he and Mothra walked away. Rodan moved closer and murmured, "I suppose you have more to say than your gratitude?"

"Why did you lie to the king's face?" Taron asked. Glancing around, Rodan whispered quietly, "I'm not letting you get in trouble for hanging out with me." Blushing, Taron nuzzled his cheek and purred, "Thank you for saving me Rodan." Freezing up at first, the massive prehistoric reptile nuzzled the large bird of prey as he replied, "You're welcome Taron."

Watching silently from a distance, Mothra smiled softly.