Chapter 2: High Jinks with the Hooded Youth

The dungeons were dark and dank. Lumina could hear water dripping from the ceiling as she she was being pushed and dragged to a cell, eventually, she was thrown into one, the other soldiers left while Hendrik stayed behind.

 "You claim to have hailed from Cobblestone? Well, before the sun has set three times, we shall know the truth." Hendrik said as though taunting Lumina, "By then, Jasper will have returned from his... investigation. If I were you, Darkspawn, I would not expect to live beyond that day"  He turned and left with his men.

After they left, Lumina was left with her own devices. She noticed that, in the cell across from her, there was a hooded criminal. She knew that she shouldn't really be making contact with criminals, but she needed to get out of here and the man looked to be experienced enough to know how to escape. She started causing a racket to get the man's attention.

 "Cut that out!" She heard him say when she had smashed two pots. She rattled the door, trying to further get the man's attention. "Will you keep it down in there?" The man said again. Finally! Lumina thought. "Most folks they throw in here have the decency to wait a while before going stir crazy." 

Lumina didn't notice the first time around, but he had a bit of an accent to his voice, it made him sound somewhat more, mysterious. "What are you in for anyhow? You don't get free bed and board down here without having done something pretty bad." 

 "Well, I have no idea why but all I had to do was say that I'm the Luminary and-"

 "Wait- did you say 'the Luminary'? You're serious?" He said cutting her off. 

 "Err, yes." Lumina answered. He stood up, probably to make better eye-contact.

 "You're telling me the Luminary has just shown up in the cell next to mine? This is crazy..." A guard came up with a plate of food for the hooded man.

 "One plate of delicious gruel for the gentleman in the dungeon suite! Come and get it!" The guard said. 

He knelt down and the hooded man walked over to the cell door. The guard stood, the hooded man chuckled and punched him in the gut. He knelt down and took the keys from the guard unlocking his door, dragged the unconscious body of the guard and dragged him into the cell as well as unlocking hers.

 "The Luminary? You're serious?" He said. 

 "I wouldn't be in here if that wasn't the case." Lumina said. 

She noticed that he had eyes were almost as blue as hers and his hood revealed some of his chest. She scolded herself for focusing on such small details that weren't important. 

 "So it's all happening just like the Seer said it would..." She heard him murmur. "We'd better get out of here." He walked out of her cell and to the middle of the hallway. She followed after him into his cell and he was about to lift lift up the mat when he suddenly jerked his head up and the sound of clanking metal could be heard. He shot up "Wait here!" 

He ran out the cell drawing the soldiers' sword that he had with him at the time.  "You! But- Arghhh!" Juliet walked out of the cell door and saw a guard slumped over on the wall.

 "Don't worry, I didn't kill him. But he won't be waking up anytime soon..." He said, "Things could get pretty hairy up ahead. You'd better take these." The hooded man handed Lumina her sword and bow. "Oh, and I found this in a corner over there. I guess it's you're stuff, right?" 

 "Ah! Thank you!" Lumina wasted no time on getting her stuff back and took the bag from the man. "What about you?" Lumina asked worried about whether or not there was anything the man lost.