Chapter 3: Adventures with Erik and Flora

Lumina and the stranger kept running  from the guards then they saw some daylight, which meant an exit. 

 "Looks like our luck finally ran out..." The stranger said, still out of breath.

 "Just barely..." Lumina responded. She was once again thankful for her large lung capacity, as all that running might've hurt her if she were regular. The view which was spread out before them, was actually quite lovely. There was a waterfall nearby which produced harmonious sounds to Juliet's ears.

 "There they are! We've got'em now!" Lumina and the stranger looked around after hearing the guards.

"Hm. No way back, huh?" The hooded youth asked. He came closer to Lumina, allowing her to see his eyes. He put one hand on her shoulder. "If they catch us, we're dead meat." He said sternly. Lumina nodded at him before they turned their heads to see that the guards had managed to catch up to them. The hooded youth turned his head back to her, "Lets do this. I believe in you. I believe in the Luminary... I don't have much choice." He explained softly. They both turned to the cliff-face, ready to jump into the pond that awaited them.

 "Come on- let's not do anything stupid now..." One of the guards said. The hooded youth removed his hood. Juliet saw that not only his eyes were attractive and alluring, but he had a handsome face. His hair was spikey and his face looked like it was heart-shaped because of how face looked and his hair was done and-Lumina silently scolded herself once again at thinking that about him.

 "The name's Erik, by the way." Erik said

 "Lumina." She responded. They both nodded and yelled before they jumped off the cliff. 

-----                                                                                                                                                                    

Erik was the first of the two to wake up. 

 "Phew, we made it. Lumina we-" He looked over to see the Luminary lying on the ground. He rushed to her side, to see if she was alright. "Hey, Lumina, you alright?" He tried shaking her awake, but it wasn't very effective. He put his hand below her nose. She was still breathing. Erik sighed with relief. She needed to be alive so that he can save her. Erik looked closer at her, to see if she was afflicted with any physical injuries. He noticed that she looked surprisingly pretty for a girl that was meant to save the entire world. He shook his head. He shouldn't be focusing on things like that. He heard the sound of a twig snapping. He looked around wildly to see a silver-haired girl with sharp dark brown eyes eyes staring at him. "Who the hell are you?" Erik asked. His hand instinctively went to his knife as he stood up. She looked down to the ground beside him, and saw Juliet. She glanced up back at him with a threatening look in her eyes.

 "You! What did you do to her!?" She attacked him and he dodged her.

 "I-hngh-didn't do-gah anything to her! I-grah-was helping her escape!" Erik exlained while wrestling the silver-haired girl. 

She backed off, "Wait, you're serious?" 

 "Yes!" Erik said catching his breath. The look on her eyes softened a bit. She looked down at Juliet. 

 "The name's Flora." She said sticking her hand out.

Erik was a bit hesitant, then stuck his hand out. "Erik." Flora went over to Lumina and lifted her up.

 "What are you standing there for? We need to find someplace where Lumina can rest up you idiot!" Erik followed after her. The three of them made it to a church on a hill. The nun running the church was kind enough to allow them to stay in the church until Lumina recovered. "So what's your story? How'd you meet Lumina?" She asked.