10/10

"I'm sorry I don't think i'm ready for the ISU.."

After her regionals performance, she had denied the offer from the ISU scout and rushed to witness Interhigh. It was the best choice of action. Skating in Sendai and occasionally traveling across different parts of Japan to skate was enough for her. Even though she would lose this chance to begin skating in international competitions, including the olympics, her home was Japan at the end of the day.

Why would she burden her family of moving? Going through the hassle of moving across the planet seemed like the most stressful thing in the world for her family. She would be able to see her grandparents in Hokkaido as often as she does or even take a weekend trip to bother her cousins in Tokyo. If she went to Canada, it would be a mistake...

... is what she was trying to convince herself.

Ever since she stepped on the ice for the first time, she aimed bigger and bigger. Sure there was the Grand Prix, World championships, and events like it, but her dream was to skate on the Olympic stage right next to the best of the best.

However, in order to keep her life and her relationships she had decided to stay. It was going to take time and this was the moment to take the time.

She had gotten up early, skipped breakfast, heading straight to school to sit in her classroom until class started. At home she was reminded by her trophies and her coach who literally lived with her. At school, at least she was able to keep her mind off of skating for a while.

What she didn't realize was that Kageyama had also gotten up a bit early to come pick her up from her house so that they could walk to school together. But, it wasn't early enough.

"Oh, (Y/N)-chan went to school already. Sorry, Kageyama-kun." her mother apologized after Kageyama had rang their doorbell, "I'm sure she would've told, right? It's not like her to leave early unless it was for practice."

He frown and checked his phone, "No, she didn't tell me." and he pocketed his phone, "It's alright. I'll see her at school." he did a quick bow in respect and was readying himself to leave but then (Y/N)'s mother spoke.

"Ah, she might be upset after the whole thing with the ISU..." she thought for a moment, "Usually she would wake up early to skate but she told me she was heading straight to school."

Now Kageyama was confused, "Why would she be upset about the ISU? Isn't it a good thing for her?" from what he knew, the ISU was the gateway to amazing opportunities for (Y/N). Why would there be a reason to be upset about being a step closer to your dreams?

It was her mother's time to be confused, "Didn't she tell you she denied the offer? During Regionals she had messed up her final jump and she's been upset since then." as she told him more and more, he began putting more pieces together, "It wasn't a deal breaker for the ISU, but she's been bothered by something beforehand and it was just the icing on the cake."

Even though he was putting the story together, he only got more confused, "Why would she deny it if they were still giving her the offer after the failed jump?!" he started to get more frustrated, angry he didn't understand. However before (Y/N)'s was able to explain he had stormed off in the direction of the school.

At that point, he might has well asked it from the source.

Once he got to the school, he had attempted to make contact with his girlfriend yet fate did not want him too.

When he attempted to see her in her classroom, the bell rung and he had to head to class himself. During lunch break she had disappeared and he wasn't able to find her for the entire duration of break. After school club began and he basically had to claw his way out of volleyball club.