Chapter 1

The clanking sound of dishes and the noise of water running filled it the silent kitchen. With Sigh she spoke
"still saying late for work?" gulki asked and looked at her husband, who is currently writting down on her notebook.

Without looking up, yukti replied
"hmm, i still need to finish lot off work and things."

Gulki held tightly on the plate, she's currently washing and had another sigh." Aur app ghar kab ayenge?"

"10 vje tak."

"Can't you come home, sooner" she whispered but yukti heard her.

"gulki, we've already discussed about this"yukti said and frowned at her.

Gulki finished washing the dishes and wiped her hands with kitchen towel.

"i know, yukti." She said."apko ilam bhi hai iss baat ka ki, app kitna kam aati hai ghar par!" She turned and crossed her arms.

"Mein, hum dono ke liye kaam kar rahi hu, gulki." Yukti said with the hint of anger in her tone.

She stood up from her chair and looked at her wife"i can work in the city, too! If you will, let me do it. Gulki said rather loudly as she clenched her fists.

"Gulki, you know how difficult is it to work in the urban place, you'll get tired."

"You think, i can't work in the city." Now gulki is really angry and she crossed her arms.

"You know, that's not what i mea-"

"No, i know what you're trying to say. I'm always alone in this house!" She complained.

Yukti sighed and took her notebook from the table"where are you going. We're not done tal-"

"Gulki, GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!" Yukti cut her off and shouted. She didn't wait for her wife to say, anything else. She went out and left the house.

Gulki is once again left in the big house. She can't do anything. she really couldn't do anything. her chest felt tight and her heart hurts. she wanted to cry But she tells herself that it is not worth it.they have been married for 8 years but its seems that they are not doing well. everything is not going well, because whenever they are together, they fight or just argue.

She doesn't want to cry anymore. It will just tire her out.

With sign of defeat, she went upstairs to her studio.

Staring at the blank space. She really doesn't have motivation to do anything that she is tasked to do.

Should she entertain herself with the netflix subscribtion that her husband had subscribed for her? Or bake something?

Then something clicked in her mind.
The origamis cranes!. gulki got up from her stool and went to the the store room with smile. she took out a large box of wooden and dusted it off. How can i foget about this. she said to herself as she carried the wooden box to leaving room. she took Duster and c cleaned the wooden box, Properly brushing of the dust. She coughed a little while doing it.

After cleaning box, she open opener it slowly and her lips formed into a smile. Finally something to keep me busy!. she whispered to herself and look at the hundreds of folded paper cranes inside she saw a small note attached to the wooden box saying
"Reach 1000 cranes: no of cranes 689"

Gulki felt flashback of memories. when they were still dating back then in college, they would make at least 20 paper crans. now your wondering why 1000 paper cranes because their is saying that when you make thousand of them, you can make a wish and it will come true. Sadly! they never made it to thousand.

life become busy. they never got the chance to fold origamis again. gulki took at least 10 minute to remember. how to fold cranes. after 10 minutes of trying, she made it. She felt proud of herself. she said "hey, yukku. see I mad-" the words die down. she stoped speaking immediately, as she realised that she was alone. No yukti in sight.

"Who am i kidding, what would she say, if keep folding these paper. what I am a kid." she whispered to herself returning the paper crane to the wooden box. she closed it. gulki went to and fro around the big living room. she stared at the box for a good minute and kept thinking. not a second later. she said."who cares about what she thinks, I'm gonna finish this paper cranes."and so gulki did it.

That's what she was doing for the whole day as she hummed a tune while folding the origami paper. night eventually came and gulki didn't get to 1000. she just folded up to 803 but that is already okay for her to do this Alone she quite fast with new wounds and paper cuts on her white creamy hands. she winched at the pain and went to the bathroom to wash hands and put some band aids on her hands.

she looks at herself in the mirror and it was obvious she's dark circle under her eyes with the sigh , she took first aid kit on the top cabinet after fixing herself. She went back to the book shelf along with some other boxes. gulki procedure to the kitchen went to cook something for dinner.

she whisper to herself "what should i make? Basically yukti would eat anything she cooked. She laughed at the thought. Yukti isn't picky person. She is contented in what she has but the time they got married, yukti wanted to make gulki the happiest person ever. that's what yukti said to her.

By working hard and buying a large house and always working non stop. But gulki was already contended with the small houses as long as she can stay with Yukti and Be with her for a long time but things didn't work out that way sometime.

Gulki felt guilty on making Yukti work this hard. her husband doesn't want her to be tired when she works but Yukti doesn't sleep when she work on something, she wants to finish it as soon as possible. There are many reasons why gulki never liked to be alone is that because of this is the quietness of the whole house is the making her feel uncomfortable and it makes her even feel more alone the obviousness of being the only one in the house suffocated her.

gulki is a cheerful and talktive person. silence is her biggest enemy.

it was already 9 in the evening after she finished cooking. there no point in waiting for her husband to arrive so she left some food for her to eat and wrote a small note on top that says.

Eat this dinner that i have made for you. You have worked hard :) .

Hello, my sweet readers. I hope you liked it, its my first time writting a fanfiction. Please vote, atleast 50 votes for next update.

Written on 4 jan, 2023.