iv. Fall

THE NIGHT BEFORE the next session, Sol stayed home alone

Yoongi had gone out to dinner with a few of his friends from university to celebrate one of them on their recent engagement. Sol didn't remember the last time she had gone out like that with friends, as the amount she had were pretty limited—as in zero. She had zero friends.

She could blame herself for that. There was a point in time in which she pushed everyone away, until they had stopped being her friend altogether. As a natural introvert, Sol always reaffirmed herself that maybe it was for the best, but it was always on nights like these she felt a little lonely.

Actually, Ms. Tanaka from next door is my friend. She's the one who supplies me with wine quite often because of the restaurant she manages.

Wine. How she could totally go for a glass of wine at that moment.

Deeper into the night, during an episode of Modern Family, Sol peeked her head from the couch as she heard the front door open with its unique jingle. From where she sat in the living room, she could see Yoongi walk in, his black jean jacket unbuttoned. She wondered how he wasn't absolutely freezing from the cold outside. Even the apartment building's hallways were subzero.

"Hey," she smiled a bit as she watched Yoongi take off his shoes in the foyer. "How was dinner? Who did you meet with, again?"

"It was Hoseok and Jimin," he replied simply. "It went fine, they were drinking, so I gave them a ride home."

"What'd you eat?"

"Italian."

Sol's eyes followed him as he disappeared into the hallway again. With a small smile, she turned off the television, shuffling after him, her slippers dragging along the dark wooden floor.

"Yoongi, do you want to do the trust fall exercise right now?" she asked as she walked into the bedroom, where Yoongi was about to take off his jacket.

"Now?" he asked, peeling his jacket off, not bothering to face her.

"Our session's tomorrow, we can't keep setting it aside," she pursued.

"We can do it tomorrow morning."

"What, at Namjoon's office right before the session starts?" Sol asked with a hint of amusement. "Real responsible, don't you think?"

Yoongi only rolled his eyes at her attempts at humor as he opened the closet doors to hang his jacket.

"It's homework, Yoongi. If Namjoon thinks it'll help, then we should try," Sol tried again, her voice getting more desperate.

He shut the closet door, placing his hands on his waist before turning around with an unreadable expression. "Yeah, okay."

"Really?" Sol hummed in excitement before prancing toward Yoongi, pulling him by his arms into the empty space in front of their bed, where she knew no one could get injured if they were to fall. They weren't going to fall, right?