xv. Outro

THE NEXT MORNING provided a dash of sunlight through the small window of the cabin, shining onto the two lying in bed, half of their bodies blanketed by the sunshine

THE NEXT MORNING provided a dash of sunlight through the small window of the cabin, shining onto the two lying in bed, half of their bodies blanketed by the sunshine. Despite the sign of a day ahead of good weather, it couldn't help but stir Sol from her sleep, skin growing hotter under the sunlight and against Yoongi's bare skin.

Her eyes fluttered open, her senses slowly becoming conscious as she felt her cheek pressed against the hard, steadily rising chest of her husband below her. She had been laying beside him, however most of her body on top of him as she draped her arm over his naked torso.

She squinted from the sunlight shining on her face before sliding her face away and into Yoongi's neck with a tired sigh, eyes fluttering shut again, despite feeling a movement from the man below her.

"Morning, baby," Yoongi's low voice rasped, his hand curling under her head to rest his hand on her bare shoulder. "Sunlight bothering you?"

"Mmm," she let out a hum of agreement, eyes shut comfortably. "Merry Christmas, honey."

She had no idea how long Yoongi had been awake, choosing to stay under her rather than snake out from underneath her when she could wake up. The thought of Yoongi choosing the former made her heart swell and for her arm to completely hug him, caging him completely. The action had her shifting to be more comfortable, but the subtle pain from her core had a groan falling from her lips and into Yoongi's neck.

"How are you feeling?" Yoongi asked softly, the deepness of his voice rumbling under her skin.

"A bit sore," she grumbled, feeling Yoongi's jaw dig into her forehead. "It's been a while, you know."

Her remark had a snicker fall past Yoongi's lips, followed by him planting a soft kiss on her forehead endearingly. The feeling sent a cascade of butterflies to her stomach, a warm smile appearing on her face before she leaned into his neck further, pressing her lips on his neck gently. She began to slowly suck at his skin, forming light purple blossoms on his neck that were a great contrast to her absolutely bruised neck from Yoongi's mouth the night before.

She could barely pay attention to how Yoongi's head turned to the side, where he had been able to see the outside through the window. "It's snowing," he said.

The idea of a snowy Christmas morning despite the now-limiting sunshine had her perking her head up curiously, eyes opening for the first time that morning and adjusting to the bright view of the window. The snow was light, a product of the low winter clouds with small windows of sunlight that shined through.

Sol's heart fluttered in excitement before she laid her head back onto Yoongi's chest, a bright smile on her lips as she cuddled her husband. This was precisely the result of the love burning her heart, holding him inexplicably closer, listening to his steady heartbeat and letting it lullaby her.

"What are you so happy about?" Yoongi remarked, running his hand along her back softly, his calloused fingers sending goosebumps on her skin. "I can feel your smile."