✿༺ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 ༻✿- part 1

We were the people of Ionia, the number city.

Every single person was born with a number from one to ten. And with your number, you know your category. Eight to ten were known as the nobles, four to seven are the middle-classmen, and one to three are the Negatives. That was what they were called because they have no say or authority in the community.

And today was The Selection.

Once every year, the selection is held, and people find the people they are going to spend the rest of their lives with. Your partner can only be found in your section. Everyone in the city has a tattoo they are born with, the tattoo of their number on their shoulder. When you find the one you are meant to be with, the tattoo glows.

I sat down, flipping through the pages of my book. I didn't plan on going to The Selection. Everyone expects you to dress elegantly, put on all sorts of makeup and be polite.

That wasn't my vibe, to be honest. I want to leave, I want to travel around and visit the other nine kingdoms. I don't want anyone to choose who I end up with. What if the person I end up with is abusive, God knows I would kill him in his sleep with no hesitation.

"Isidore, come help me," my sister Kaimana screamed from her room.

I groaned as I stood up from my beanbag and walked to her. I opened the door and saw her.

She was a mess. She was having a WWE fight with her hair.

"Isidore, I'm about to go bald," she wailed, trying to pull out the comb stuck in her hair.

"Kaimana, you are a year older than me, I feel like you should know how to do your hair by yourself,"

"This isn't about age, Isi. You were blessed with luscious hair unlike this bush," she said tugging on her hair again.

Her hair was very pretty but the problem was her, she didn't know to take care of it. I grabbed the hair detangler and sprayed a huge amount then started work. After three hours, we were finally done. Her full chestnut hair flowed freely on her back.

"Oh! what would I do without you," she said dramatically

"Die," I whispered under my breath

"I heard that bitch," she hissed

"No words like that in this house, young lady," my dad said stepping into her room.

"Sorry Isidore," she said reluctantly under the gaze of our father.

"Your mom said the both of you should meet her at the dressmaker's shop in ten minutes," he said before he walked out again.

"Why didn't she call?" Kaimana complained while looking for something presentable to wear.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked okay.

"I'm leaving," I said.

"Girl, you can't leave me here. Just two minutes, I'll be ready," she said, applying lipgloss.

"I'm waiting for you outside," I said.

☾☽☾☽✿❀✿Authors note✿❀✿☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽✿❀✿Authors note✿❀✿☾☽☾☽

Drum roll....

Amanda Lee is back after taking a break.

Happy New Year yall, and Merry Christmas too, I guess 🤨

I went to a trip/ family reunion and trust me, there was no time for stories. I did brainstorm a little for this new story.

I've not started school yet so I'm going to use this week to complete this story.

A little apology: I have school and work and relationships so updates aren't regular. Please be patient with me.

And the names of the girls are really unique. I worked really hard to find them

Isidore: means daughter of Isis, the Egyptian goddess of life, magic, and the safe birth of children.

Kaimana: Hawaian name for jewel.

I actually have a cousin called Isadora, and I picked the name for her 😁 so don't blame my love for the name.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me.

In the comment, tell me how you spent your Christmas and New Year.

Love yall so much 😘