Chapter 1.

Ethan lightly tapped his fingers against the wheel as the rain continued to pick up. They had just entered a town and planned to stay at a hotel for the night. They just needed to get into town first.

Benny slouched in the passenger seat, his snoring face smooshed against the window. The backseat consisted of the vampire trio, Rory on the left, Erica in the middle, and Sarah on the right, arm propped against the door. She was the only other awake as Ethan drove. She blankly watched as lightning cracked in the sky.

Ethan took a quick glance at the backseat and smiled. He turned back to the road and saw a store up ahead. He slowly pulled into the parking lot. " Hey, I'm going inside to ask where the nearest hotel is. Stay here." He whispered, turning his attention to Sarah. She gave a small smile and nodded as Ethan left the car.

He dashed into the store, doing his best to stay dry. He looked around a moment, not noticing anyone else. He frowned. Before he knew it, two others walked into the store talking.

" You can't just hunt on your own any more, there are hunting laws for humans." A red-headed girl spoke as she closed an umbrella. " Who's going to know? I killed plenty without consequences when I was still, y’know." The other girl with wet hair spoke as she noticed Ethan.

Ethan looked at the two before clearing his throat. " Uh, excuse me, but do you happen to know where the nearest hotel is?" Ethan nearly stuttered, looking down. The two looked at each other before looking at him. " You're new." The redhead said, throwing a glance at the other girl with her. The girl shrugged before the redhead continued. " There's one just down the road on the right. I don't know if they are open, but that's it in this town."

Ethan smiled slightly before nodding. " Thank you. A-and I'm Ethan." He said, holding out his hand. What seemed to be a sad smile played across the redheads face before she spoke. " I'm Lydia, and this is Malia." Following her words, she took Ethan's hand.

Without warning, Ethan was then struck with a vision. It was of Lydia, screaming, as bodies were seen all but around her. It then flashed to an image of Malia growling with glowing blue eyes. Ethan gasped as he backed up. " Um, are you okay?" Lydia spoke sheepishly. He only stood there staring. The two gave him a disturbed and disgusted look before continuing into the store. Ethan watched the two a minute before running back into the car.

" What is it?" Sarah said, looking at Ethan panting. He looked back at her before looking at the store, then back again. " I just had a vision. I-i don't know if it's safe here." He breathed before starting the car again. Sarah sat forward in her seat. " What do you mean!?" She asked, concern filling her voice.

He shook his head before turning onto the road. " It can wait till morning, I don't want to die by the hands of Erica before then." He said, lowering his voice once more. Sarah groaned before sitting back, but she understood what he meant.

A minute passed before they reached the hotel. Once they did, Ethan and Sarah went inside to make reservations for the night.

" Hello! Is anyone here?" Sarah yelled, slamming her hand on the bell on the counter. Ethan looked at her, worry in his features. A minute passed before a woman stepped behind the counter. " A room for one I take it?" She said, eyeing the pair.

A small blush crept onto Sarah's face. " Uh no, two rooms, preferably with two beds in each." She said, looking at Ethan. The woman raised her eyebrow before typing on a computer. " By each other, I suppose?" She said, continuing to type. " Y-yes, please." Ethan said, shifting on his feet.

The woman stopped and disappeared under the desk before re-emerging with two keys. " Rooms 213 and 214. They're on the second floor, close to the stairwell." She sighed as Sarah took the keys. " Thank you." She smiled before heading to the car to get the others, Ethan in pursuit.