Chapter 4.

Ethan and Benny quickly walked down the street, an invisible force blocking the rain from touching the two. " Ethan, buddy, this isn't your brightest idea." Benny spoke, looking at the boy to his left. Ethan shook his head. " Well, it's the only idea we've got." He said, facing Benny. Benny rolled his eyes.

" Why are we best friends." He chuckled, clapping Ethan on the back.  " There are ALWAYS other options E. You just gotta look for them." Benny laughed, running in front of Ethan. " Benny! Benny, wait up!" He yelled, now chasing after the slightly faster teen.

The two ran for a minute before reaching the local sherriffs station. The two stopped looking at the building. " Good coincidence, bad plan. Horrible plan even." Benny spoke again, now snapping to make the invisible force disappear. Before the two could do anything, a voice called behind them. " Dude, that was awesome!" The two quickly turned to see a boy about their age with brown hair and eyes and multiple moles on his face. " Wh- what?" Ethan stuttered, looking at the teen.

The teen pointed at Benny. " What you did, bending the air somehow to block the rain." He said, amazement in his voice. A small smile graced Benny's voice. " Well, that's not the only cool thing I can do!" He spoke with confidence before Ethan elbowed him. " Ow! What was, oooh! I mean, I don't know what you're talking about." Benny stuttered, looking at Ethan.

" Dude, I totally saw, and it was still totally cool." He spoke again. Ethan quickly pulled Benny to the side. " Dude! What do we do!? He could be a werewolf!" Ethan whisper yelled, concern in his voice. Benny shook his head, " Nah, dude. He seems cool!" Benny smiled, turning back to the stranger. " I'm Benny, and this is Ethan. We're just passing through town for a few days. We'll be here until we can get back to our own Tatooine." Benny joked, now elbowing Ethan.

Ethan expected the stranger to look at them like idiots but was surprised to see the kid laugh. " Star Wars! Nice! I've been trying to get my best bud to watch Star Wars for years! I'm Stiles, by the way." The kid laughed, nodding his head towards town. Benny was grinning like an idiot now, looking at Ethan. Ethan sighed, lightly shaking his head. " Dude, we totally have to hang out more before we go! But we actually came here for something." Benny said, nodding towards the sherriffs station.

" Yeah? What is it? My dad's actually sherriff, so I could talk to him directly if you need." Stiles said, talking with his hands. Benny shook his head. " Nah, I don't think it's something the sherriff should have to deal with." He said, knowing Ethan's plan was stupid. " Of course it is! My dad deals with a lot of stuff in this town, even the things that go bump in the night if you will." Stiles said, lightly wiggling his eyebrows. Ethan and Benny almost stopped cold at hearing that.

" What... What do you mean by that..?" Ethan asked, looking directly at Stiles. Stiles's eyebrows creased as he looked between the two. " I mean, he deals with some bizarre deaths here and there. Wait, I literally just saw you using magic. What are you actually doing here!?" Stiles spoke, just now putting pieces together. Ethan and Benny looked at each other, Ethan glaring daggers into Benny.

" Okay! We're actually friends with vampires, and we saw werewolves in town, and we're kinda stuck here because Ethan's car broke down and-" Ethan slapped a hand over his mouth, way to late at that point. " Wait, you're friends with the vampires Derek saw?" Stiles spoke, eyes widening. Benny shook his head, Ethan's hand still over his mouth. " No, he didn't say vampires, he said... I can't think of anything." Ethan sighed, lowering his hand.

" You know I was this close to licking your hand!" Benny said, looking towards Ethan. " Can we not do this right now!?" Ethan said, gesturing towards Stiles. Benny looked at Stiles, then Ethan again. " You do know I know about all of this right, I'm not in the dark." Stiles said, looking between the two.

Benny all but sighed in relief. " Thank god, I'm horrible under pressure!" Benny smiled, looking to a disappointed Ethan. " We noticed." He spoke. Benny's smile quickly disappeared.