Part 11: Frenemies and Doctor's Visits

Author's Note: I'm finally back after a super long hiatus. Someone attacked my fanfiction and I let it affect my choice to continue writing this story. But I decided to stop letting it control my life. Thus, we have part eleven. :D Photo taken from Deviant Art; NourhanNivans.

        Everyone was slowly recovering from the attack on the B.S.A.A. Naturally it would be a years long process. Still, after everything, Chris was suffering the worst of them all. It was noticed during training. Finn made a rookie mistake, mind preoccupied. It made the older soldier start yelling at Macauley. Ozma came in and saw her teammate being manhandled by Redfield. 

        "This is how you do it! You'll die making a stupid mistake like that!" the hazel eyed man screamed.

         The superhuman went over and punched him just enough to knock him over. 

       "Never treat my teammates that way again. Do you understand me?" she growled, eyes briefly turning red. 

        Chris was very afraid of her, shaking like a leaf. He nodded with a whimper. Still, he spoke.

        "You bitch," he grumbled.

          "I may be one, but I'll hurt you worse than this if you pull another stunt like that again. Understand?" the superhuman told him. 

         "Yes," the older man whispered.

         "Good boy," the virologist praised, slightly mocking. 

         She was kind enough to pull him to his feet. She patted his head, dismissed her team, then left. 

          A few hours later, Doctor Oda came to her. 

         "A word, Mrs. Nivans," he requested.

        She looked up from her paperwork and waited for him to speak.

        "Is it true that you struck Captain Redfield today?" he questioned.

         "Yes. Just enough to knock him down," the superhuman responded.

         "Are you sure about that?" the ravenet inquired.

         "I'm guessing something bad happened. Something worse than bruising," the virologist commented.

           "Yes. Captain Redfield has a deep laceration to his liver. I had to stitch him up. He's in recovery now," Dr. Oda confirmed.

           "No. That can't be. I know how hard I struck him," Ozma replied, shaking her head.

          "Why are you striking him anyway?" the ravenet asked.

          "He was roughly handling Finn," Mrs. Nivans informed him.

           "Ah. I see. Well, take care," Dr. Oda spoke softly, then left. 

          With a sad sigh, the superhuman got up and visited her frenemy. A look of surprise came to Chris' face.

           "What brings you here?" he inquired softly.

           "I'm sorry. I didn't know I struck you that hard," the virologist said.

           "I didn't think you had either. Then I realized I was suffering from quite an amount of pain. I went to the doctor. When I told him what had happened, he gave me a CT scan. But I don't blame you. I was out of line," Redfield told her.

            "Still, I shouldn't have hit you so hard. Especially since you're still recovering from your PTSD. I'm sorry," Ozma guiltily replied.

            "It's okay. I forgive you," the brunet let her know.

           His frenemy smiled.

           "Thank you. Now, you get better, and don't cause any more problems. I won't have to beat you up anymore," she teased. 

          "Yes, Captain Nivans," her frenemy teased back.

          "Make sure you attend those meetings. I don't like smacking around those who are having issues. But I will to protect my men," the blonde informed him.

           "As you wish, Wesker," the hazel eyed man joked.

            The superhuman rolled her eyes but had a smirk on her face. She left to let the injured man rest.

~One-week later timeskip~

            Ozma tried to hide her vomiting. She was pretty good at it, but Piers just so happened to hear her that morning.

             "I'm taking you to the doctor. That's not normal," he declared. 

             His wife tried to protest and push him away, but she was feeling miserable. With help from Jake, they got the superhuman into the car. Piers took her to Doctor Wilcox's office. There, he ran some tests and finally performed and ultrasound. 

          "Congratulations, Mrs. Nivans. You're pregnant. I'd say you're about three months along," he happily proclaimed. 

         He printed them each a picture of the tiny fetus and an extra one for Jake. The couple was surprised. Neither of them said anything until they were on their way home. 

        "I'm sorry I ruined your life," the virologist said just loudly enough for her husband to hear.

        "What? Ozma, why would you think that? I'm overwhelmed with emotions. And I don't know if I'll be a good dad," Piers told her.

         "You're still young. Soon, you're going to be taking over the team. I'll be training newbies. A baby is going to be too difficult. You don't need this burden," the superhuman stated. 

         "Don't talk like that. We're keeping our child and we're going to love him or her. Okay?" the sniper said firmly.

          "All right. If you're sure you really want a child," the virologist commented. 

         "Yes. Please tell me you want a baby as well. I hope I'm not being selfish," her husband replied.

           "Of course. I just don't want to ru-"Ozma was cut off. 

           "Don't worry. You're not. You've given me everything I've ever wanted. A home, you're a wonderful wife, you'll be a great mother, and I know it's just a perk but I'm glad you've been an amazing captain. We'll be just fine," Piers reassured her.

            "Yeah. I'm just worried," his wife said softly.

            "That's okay. I'm a little worried too," the sniper replied truthfully. 

            With that, they both smiled. 

            At the estate, Jake waited impatiently for them. He sighed in relief seeing both of them. They got out of the car and went up to him. He hugged them together.

           "So, what's going on with Super Woman?" he teased.

          The couple said nothing. Piers merely gave him a photo. Wesker smiled.

        "Sweet! I'm going to be an uncle!" the taller man declared happily.

         "I can't imagine what he'll want to teach our child," Ozma said to her husband.

         "He'll probably put a gun in the baby's hand as soon as they can walk," he teased.

         "Isn't that supposed to be your job, jar head?" the mercenary joked.

         "Jar heads are Marines. I was in the Army," Mr. Nivans informed him, a small smile on his lips.

          "Well, whoop-de-friggin-doo," Jake bluntly replied, smirk on his face.

           "I'm just glad I don't have to hear you two going at it," he added.

            "And we don't have to hear you and Vera copulating either, thankfully," his sister teased.

             Wesker stuck his tongue out, admiring the ultrasound picture some more.