Part 4: Redfield's Revenge

Months later, the duo continued to work on Piers controlling his lightning ability when they had the time. A kids tv show taught them what to do should the lightning come their way. It was still very dangerous, but the team wanted the powered man to fit in, just as they had accepted their captain. He was very grateful for Ozma's help. 

        Finally, he felt comfortable going on missions with the team. Finn was really coming out of his shell of shyness and becoming more confident in his abilities to fight the monsters and to survive in missions. He was impressing his captain more and more. 

        Meanwhile, in a small, secluded house, Chris Redfield was still alive. He planned to go back to the B.S.A.A. the following day. The soldier was tired of hiding. He planned to shoot the only living Wesker, so that she'd feel pain, even though it wouldn't be for long.

        What he didn't know was that his gun had been swapped out with another one. The bullets were filled with a potent anti-virus. Even one bullet would make his enemy human again. The next day, when the superhuman went to the break room, she froze. Macauley bumped into her back. 

        "What's wrong, Captain Wesker?" the explosives expert asked and looked past her to see the man who would've been his captain. 

         He screamed in alarm, knowing the man should be dead. That made the other suspicious of what was going on. 

         "We're hallucinating," the virologist commented calmly and closed the door. 

         "Let's just go back to work," her brown eyed teammate suggested softly. 

          She nodded and they went into the work room. Chris followed them. Ozma spun around. 

          "Okay, robot, back off. Joke's over," she said, annoyed. 

          "It's really me. Jill resuscitated me in the helicopter. I've been in hiding because of you. I needed surgery on my throat thanks to your inhuman strength," Redfield replied. 

          Sure enough, there was a scar on his neck. 

          "Right and I'm the queen of Egypt," the superhuman retorted. 

          "It's true," Valentine piped up, "After I got over my shock, I still tried to perform CPR. It worked. And I told him to not come but he wouldn't listen," She added. 

         "I see. Well, I'm glad you're alive. You can have your old job back. I'm sorry I tried to kill you," Ozma replied sincerely. 

          "You should be. You're just as crazy as your father and you should be dead too," the older man replied. 

         "Chris!" Piers scolded. 

         "I didn't ask for your opinion," he snapped. 

         Their captain stepped closer to Redfield. 

         "You do not talk to my teammates that way," she growled. 

         "They're my men. You shouldn't even be employed here," Redfield snarled. 

         The younger blonde took another step closer, arms folded across her chest. 

         "Too bad. I am. Get over it," she responded.

         Wesker was wearing boots that gave her four additional inches, making her stand at six feet - four inches tall. 

          "Get out of my face and get out of here," Chris said angrily.