Chapter 7

Flashback

September 18th, 2005

"Oh god" Farah said to herself, tears stinging the back of her eyes as she sat on the side of the tub in her bathroom.

7 positive pregnancy tests.

'What am I supposed to do?' She thought, as she looked down at her stomach and layed her hand over it.

She thought she just had the flu, until Rosalind sarcastically commented about her possibly being pregnant.

Then a terrifying thought struck her.

'Rosalind's going to kill me'

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Three weeks later.

Farah hadn't told anyone yet, she was waiting for a doctors appointment to confirm that she was in fact pregnant.

Thought all the signs were there, she hadn't had her period, she had morning sickness, her breast were tender and swollen, she was fatigued, and the more she accepted the fact that there was almost 100% a fetus growing inside of her she began to notice that her abdomen started to expand slowly, it wasn't that noticeable as long as she wasn't wearing something tight.

She had her appointment today, at 3:00 and had to find some excuse to leave training.

"You alright Farah?" Saul asked, noticing for a few weeks now that she's been off.

"Yes I'm fine" She said absentmindedly.

Saul didn't press, but he was worried. What if she was sick?

Farah managed to get Rosalind to let her leave, telling her that she had thrown up and had a fever.

*at the appointment*

"Miss. Dowling?" A nurse called, and Farah got up and followed her to a room and watched as the nurse left, closing the door behind her.

Farah was beginning to get impatient, it had been 25 minutes and there was no sign of the doctor. But finally she showed up.

"I am so sorry about that wait, there was a small emergency" Her doctor told her.

"So, you're here because you believe you're pregnant?" The doctor asked.

"Yes" Farah said simply.

"Alright, and why do you have reason to believe that?"

"I took seven pregnancy tests and they all came back positive"

"Alright, I'll get an ultrasound technician in here and we'll find out" The doctor chirped, getting up to call a technician.

*ten minutes later*

Finally the ultrasound technician came in, she was a short old woman, and told Farah to lay down and lift her shirt. So she did just sat.

"This'll be cold dear" The old woman said.

Farah's hands were shaking as she looked away from the screen, to scared to see.

"Looks like you're going to be a mama" The woman said, smiling happily at Farah. "Look at that"

Farah finally looked at the screen and when she saw it, she couldn't tear her eyes away. There actually was a baby. Her baby.

She let out a tearful laugh.