Chapter 1

Today is a new beginning. Isabelle rushed downstairs and kissed both her parents. "MORNING" yelled Isabelle, cheerfully. Her parents were curious about her enthusiastic unusual behavior. They always thought she's impulsive and reckless, which wasn't exactly good for her. Isabelle always acts spontaneously and puts whatever consequences in the back of her head. She took a quick bite of her peanut butter sandwich and inconspicuously tiptoed to the door.

Her dad had to at least know where's she's heading. Isabelle might be cheerful, smart, and even impulsive, but she's also sensitive, she just never shows it; because she's an expert at hiding her feelings, but her parents always suspect something wrong occurring, from her expressive eyes. And also the fact that when Isabelle gets upset, she always avoids eye contact.

Her father cleared his throat deliberately "Isabelle? Where are you going?" Brad waited for her response. Isabelle turned around slowly, her head facing the ground, as if she's a little kid who just wet her pants.

She tucked her hair behind her ear and stupidly said, trying to add some sarcasm in her non sense answer "Umm...where are you staying?" and proudly thought to herself, good one Isabelle, GOOD one.

He was lost in thought. Brad stared speechlessly at her. Isabelle took advantage of his momentary lapse and ran to the door managing a quick “bye” just before it shut. Brad foolishly waved his hand back.

By the time he got the sarcasm she was already gone. Isabelle's mom swallowed her laugh and patted her husband’s back with a confident smile saying ‘‘Good morning". Brad exasperatedly replied, pointing at her "You and your daughter are good at this!” referring to their never ending sarcasm. He took a sip of his coffee and continued" I'm late for work". Brad gave his wife a quick kiss and ran to his car. Jane watched him leave then decide to entertain herself with some gardening.

Isabelle was lucky to have such wonderful parents: Jane and Brad Melcon. Isabelle's parents are a happy couple who managed to find a perfect balance between love and other occupations. They've been married for 18 years. Their love story is a typical one. In high school, Jane worked at a diner. It was supposedly her part time job. She enjoyed being independent, despite her parent's presence in her life, she barely relied on either of them.

She dearly loved them, yet that was her simple loving nature. Even now, she barely relies on her husband, which drives him crazy sometimes. Brad always went to the diner, back then. He came for a random cup of coffee, but mostly wanting to see her.

His friends drank beer and got high while he simply drank a cup of coffee. And after every visit to the diner they got to know each other more, and more. Eventually they fell in love and got married.

Nowadays, Brad and Jane work in two different industries: Brad is the CEO of a Manufacturing Industry and Jane works at the Genetic Industry. The Melcon family may be rich but they like to downsize their lifestyle; choosing the path of modesty.

Isabelle has Brad's thick brown hair and his straight; yet, good looking nose. Luckily, she was born with her mom's best feature. Jane's beaming, yet enchanting smile. Isabelle was born with natural hazel eyes. 

They say dreams grow old with you, but mine grew out of me. Isabelle was a good singer and she loved singing; but her passion transformed into a new dream as soon as she met Dillon, Derek. And Sandra, the enemy.

Seventeen-year old Isabelle had a cherry red mini cooper, where she hid her priceless guitar. Every Saturday, she performed in a different district and by the end of each day an enormous group of people would be gathered to watch her.

Sometimes passion can make you do crazy things. Her parents never knew about it, for Isabelle was afraid they wouldn't approve of the whole idea. She hopped in the car, and put her favorite mix CD in the stereo. She does her own CDs. It was such a lovely morning, filled with music, laughter, and happiness. (Hey soul sister- Train) was playing, and Isabelle started yelling the lyrics. She needed to practice on it a little bit, for her tremendous performance.