Chapter 8

Surrounded by nothing but a murky night and the dried leaves, Isabelle was endlessly crying, worried about Dillon, for he suddenly dropped on the ground for no reason. Isabelle shut her eyes and hugged him, tightly "wake up". She shook his shoulder multiple times but still, he was completely numb. God please help me, Isabelle silently prayed. The gleaming skies left her questioning her life, Why Is God doing this to me? Can't I be happy for once?. Isabelle took a deep breath and got lost in her own mind. She ended up Twisting his perfect hair around her finger. Later on, she had to cry herself to sleep, to escape this crisis.

Laying on her lap he Suddenly gasped, placing his hand on his chest to feel the heat but there wasn't any. Dillon slowly opened his eyes after the nightmare he almost lived. Is-Is m-m-y Isabelle okay? Where is the car? Why aren't I a dragon? did I hurt anyone? Even his mind was stuttering. He looked around him, for the nightmare he had left him confused. He tried getting up but his mind was drifted somewhere else. Crushing the dried leaves around him he finally got up. Only looking infront of him, he didn't realize Isabelle was right behind him sleeping under the tree but when his eyes caught her he dropped every single thought and turned to her, shaking her shoulder a couple of times, like a worried father until she finally woke up.

"Oh My God! Dillon" She stood up and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly and sniffing her tears away "You're Okay!"

He loosened his arms to face her. We had a car crash..how can she not remember. I turned into a dragon. Dillon started feeling her face, then cupping it and with his husky voice, he spoke "Are you okay?" but his husky voice turned into worried stutters "I-I....almost got you killed!". He held her hands and kissed the palm of them billion times. His eyes were wide open looking for another explanation only, there wasn't an any.

What car crash? I mean....I practically cried myself to sleep. Isabelle nodded then cupped his face and softly asked him "Hey-..what car crash?" her eyes were focused on his, waiting for an answer.

The wind blowing her loosened hair Dillon had to compliment her "Oh God you look beautiful".

Isabelle looked at him not knowing whether to thank him or be more confused.

He returned back to the subject. Groaning and stupidly scratched his arm Dillon made her even more confused "We left the party and you said you didn't feel like kissing me?" referring to his nightmare.

Isabelle chuckled. Gosh I love it when she laughs, thought Dillon. "I would never say that" then continued playfully "In fact....I would kiss you all night and that wouldn't be a problem". Although, Isabelle hated throwing herself to Dillon but she couldn't help it.

He bit his lip but still didn't feel any better. So instead, he grabbed her hands and asked her to listen to him "Isabelle, I turned into a dragon. You were mad at me. I kissed you. We both went to the hospital and I never got to see you. Your dad wanted to kill me"

Isabelle was completely lost. She had no idea what he's talking about, but she continued listening to him and when he was finally done she took a moment to study his perfect face then she sighed and said "Dillon! None of what you are saying happened!" she crossed her arms and continued "I mean I remember precisely that you suddenly collapsed" she still tried reminding him "Just about an hour ago we were at the party and you...suddenly disappeared into the woods and then I Followed you and then you almost scared me and then you apologized-......Tell me you don't remember any of that?"

Dillon suddenly turned around facing something other than Isabelle because this was far too embarrassing for him "So you are telling me that we never went to the hospital and I didn't turn into a dragon?"he turned again.

Isabelle reassured him "Yes!"

He pointed at his arm "See, my skin looks different" he was still affected by the nightmare of being a dragon. I feel so stupid, Dillon was so irritated.