The House Off of Main Street

"Okay what the hell was that." Willow says, causing you to spin around and face her. "Jesus Willow, how long have you been standing there." You say with a long breath afterwards. "You scared the shit out of me." You continue, lifting your hand up over your chest to catch your breath. "Well.. long enough to catch whatever the hell that little interaction was. I mean, you would never flirt with someone who has a girlfriend right..." she says winking with a devious grin. "Not flirting, just friendly talk...with a FRIEND." You say, being sure to add emphasis on the friend part. You walk over to grab the broom out of the small closet at the back of the store, replaying the events from the past ten minutes in your head. "Genevieve will be here soon, if you want to sweep up around the store and clock out that's fine." Willow says, watering some of the plants in the front window. "Okay, just need to sweep these stems up around the arrangement table and then I'll be out." You add before finishing up with the last bits of cleaning for the day.

          "Alright Willow, I'm heading out. Sales floor is clean, drawer is counted and everything's wiped down." You shout as you begin collecting your things from the compartment under the register. "Okay, I'll see you on Wednesday. Make sure to tell Danny hi for me when you guys make out- oh sorry, hang out tomorrow." She says with a chuckle as she walks in from the greenhouse. "Yeah yeah, I'll be sure to bring it up while his tongue is down my throat in front of his girlfriend, okay?" You retort back, raising an eyebrow at her before exiting the building. "Have fun and be safe! You're my favorite employee!" She shouts as the door closes behind you. Willow was not only your boss, but she had also become a close friend of yours. Throughout your time at Greta's Greens you two had become closer than you thought you would. Usually you hated your bosses, and you thought this time would be the same, but Willow was different. She was only a couple of years older than you, and you had similar interests which made it easier to talk to her about things outside of work discussions. She had come over to your house a couple of times for dinner, and you guys would hang out in the park and paint sometimes, usually working on new pieces to hang up around the shop.

          On your walk back home you decide to text Sage and ask if she wanted to come to Danny's cafe show tomorrow night. Sage was your long time best friend, you guys had known each other since sixth grade. Sage was the only person you could tell anything to, she was your confidant, your partner in crime, truly your best friend. Sage was also someone you looked up to. Not only was she beautiful, a bit taller than you with short blonde hair and ocean colored eyes, but she was also smart. She had obtained her associates degree while you two were still in high school, and was now working on her bachelors degree in music composition, which is why you had no doubt she would turn down going to a free show with you. She loved anything to do with the music scene. She used to want to be a music photographer, but quickly gave up on that after working her first gig in which she said it was "too hot and was too hard to capture a moving canvas."

          Upon arriving home you went straight into your room to take off your makeup and put on something more comfortable. You headed into the bathroom, throwing your hair into a ponytail to keep it out of your face. Reaching down to turn on some music, you eventually landed on "About You" by The 1975. You quickly spread some face wash across your face, being sure to get all of the mascara and eyeliner off from the day and rinsed your face. Now making your way into your bedroom, you turned on your lamp beside your bed and walked over to your closet to grab out a band tee and some lounge shorts. You opted for a Zeppelin tee and some black biker shorts, pairing this with a pair of fuzzy socks. You threw yourself into bed and unlocked your phone, seeing a new message from Sage. She has excitedly agreed to come with you to tomorrows show, and you immediately felt a knot in your stomach. Though Sage was your bestfriend and could easily identify even the smallest details about you, there was one that she wasn't aware of, one that you'd thought about telling her for years now, and never did.

          After scrolling through instagram for what feels like hours, you see another text come through from Sage asking if you wanted her to bring some takeout over. You agreed and said you guys could watch some shitty reality TV show and catch up on the past weeks. Within fifteen minutes, Sage was standing at your front door, food in hand with a wide grin spread across her face. "Y/n!! Okay so, I got your favorite-" she begins as she walks into the front door, dropping the bags onto the marbled kitchen counter that sat behind the couch. You walked over to meet her and grab your items from the takeout bags before plopping down on the cream colored couch that sat in the middle of the living room. You turned on some random show and removed the top off of your veggie fried rice.