Part 12

Francine

We've been invited to a dinner by Mr. Patterson, the owner of the resto bar we're singing at. It's a great opportunity to share a table with the owner so who are we to decline it. We're currently inside a room with a glass door and is separated from the people earlier. Maybe this is the most elite room made based on the expensive looking figurines inside.

"It was a nice decision to invite you here." Mr. Patterson started in a mid toned voice enough for us in the table to hear. My smile widened when he complimented us.  "I've heard about you almost every day from this girl- - -

"Oh please" Becky casually reacted at what the owner of the bar said. Why is she acting like they are somehow close? Am I missing something?

 Anyway, they look suspicious though and they literally have the same surnames.

"Aren't you glad Dad's telling your idols about how much you looked up to them back then?" 

Wait what????? Dad? Idols???

Is this true?? 

I can't seem to digest what he said so I took the courage to ask a question. "Not to be rude Mr. Patterson but, can I ask you a question?" I am really curious with what is going on. Is what I've heard true or my ears are just playing with me? It seems like I'm the only one who doesn't have any clue.

"Sure sweetheart what is it?" he answered in the sweetest tone he could ever had. Looking at everyone else in the table, I gulped once trying to construct my question in a way that is not insulting ...well perhaps.

"Uhm, i-is Rebecca your daughter?" They all went silent for about a few seconds, making me rethink if it was a right decision to ask those. 

 Everyone's trying to hold their laughter as I still sat curious. Mr. Patterson had the same reaction. I tried to keep up with them by giving an awkward smile but it just made them cackled.

 Eh? Is that supposed to be funny?

"Hahahaha, you're a great joker uhh Francine right?" he's still trying to stop himself from laughing. 

How on earth did he knew my name? I mean yes, we perform on his bar but how can he remember it when we only met just this time?