River Plate (1939)

After Reich invaded Poland, and then followed by the Soviet Union invading it from the East, another war broke out.

This frustrated Kriegsmarine. The 'Plan Z' was cancelled because of the war. And now Reich is sending him to the Graf Spee, which had already sailed months before the war.

"You have to avoid combat or engagement with the enemy ship, even with the inferior ones. We don't want for the fine Panzerschiff to sink, do we?" Reich's voice echoed in Kriegsmarine's mind.

Reich had briefed him before he started to teleport to Graf Spee, even without Reich telling him that, he would still know.

As Graf Spee's armor shined with power and might, the ship sailed across the Atlantic.

He took off his coat and then got out of the room for a fresh air. As he was on his way to the deck, he was greeted by several of the crews as some of them were chatting about their lives, family, mopping the wet floor, or was just enjoying the view of the ocean.

Kriegsmarine admired Graf Spee. Graf Spee was a beautiful Panzerschiffe that was constructed under the rules of the Treaty of Versailles.

"Excuse me," A messenger greeted as he gave him a brief salute. Kriegsmarine responded to the salute as he nodded.

"Would you want something to eat?" He politely asked, fiddling with his cap. "No." He answered briefly.

The Messenger then left to go to the dining room. Kriegsmarine inhaled the fresh morning air, putting his arms on the ship deck railing. With the calm sound of the waves, he felt relaxed and calmed.

As he was enjoying the sight, a ship was seen in the distance, and it was Altmark, an Auxiliary ship which happened to resupply the Graf Spee, and this was the ninth time.

The crews began their work, they scattered around the deck and transferred some of the prisoners that Graf Spee has been carried to Altmark.

The crews brought the boxes of food and fruits supplies, which they immediately dropped on the deck and ate them right then and there.

To them, it was the nicest thing that they ever had in a long time. A sailor slowly walked towards the Admiral.
With a wide smile on his face, he politely offered the fruits on his hand, "Admiral, you should have some."

He chuckled lightly as he swung his vision towards him, he shook his head and smiled. "Those are for you, I don't need them."

The wide smile disappeared as it changed into a worried expression, a hint of disappointment reflected in his eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Pretty sure." He assured the young man as he put his hand on his shoulder. "We don't want for you to starve, do we?" He chuckled as the sailor returned the smile again.

"Danke, Sir." He slightly bowed before saluting the Admiral, and then stormed off as he went back to wherever he was.

He went to check how the resuppliment was going. The Graf Spee had just started to refuel from the Altmark. Everything was going so well for them.

Until, one of the officers, holding a newspaper hastily ran towards him. "Sir, Admiral."

The Admiral gave him a salute and gestured for him to continue.

"I've found a British newspaper saying that Cumberland is somewhere in the area." He spoke, his tone concerned.

Kriegsmarine's eyes widened, "Cumberland?"

He turned his gaze towards the Altmark as he wondered when the refuelling would end. At the same time, the crews gathered to make a dummy turret to confuse the allies.