Chapter 18

18

Michelle's P.O.V

Camillia and I spent the whole weekend together since I didn't have work and she called in sick. I was happy, because finally after so long I got to spend more time with her.

Today I had to drop her off back home, which was kind of a bummer because I didn't want to, but we both had lives to get back to. When we reached her apartment, I didn't notice the way Camillia's face fell, and even if I did I would've thought it was because she had to leave. But that was not the case.

"Michelle you need to leave." She bluntly stated and I looked at her.

"I thought you wanted me here."

"No I do but...shit no." She got out of the car, and I heard a voice call out to her.

"Camillia! Where have you been sweetheart we've been waiting for you." I heard the chirpy voice say. "And who's this you've got with you driving such a nice car," She said and peered into my window.

I got out of the car and waved at the women, and I noticed Camillia glaring at me. What did I do? She sighed and then walked up to me. The women was tall, and had sunglasses, her wavy brunette hair flowing softly with the wind.

"Mom this is Michelle, and Michelle this is my mom." She said and the realization finally hit me. Camillia still hasn't come out to her family yet and I'm here. This is messed up.

"Oh and your brother and Stella are waiting in the car." Camillia's mom said after I noticed her send a glare my way.

"Stella?" I noticed how Camillia went pale for a while.

"Yes. She's Mason's girlfriend now. Didn't you know?" She said and I could've sworn I saw a hint of an evil smirk. "We wanted to come check up on you sooner sweetie, but we were just so busy."

"Where's dad?"

"He went to get some coffee. Why don't you invite us into your apartment. You know I've never seen it."

"Michelle you can go I'll talk to you later okay?" She turned to me but her mom took of her glasses and waved her hand.

"No no. She can stay. I want to meet all your new friends." Her mom smiled. Then she turned and focused on something else behind us. "Oh here's your dad sweetie."

I turned to see a man with salt and pepper hair, he was also tall and huge, his demeanor radiating confidence.

"Hey Cami! Haven't seen you in a while nugget." He said and ruffled her hair. Camillia just stood there, with no expression whatsoever.

"Yes now that you're here. We can go out for dinner so Camillia could tell us all about her new achievements!" Her mom laughed and clapped her hands. "You all can follow us in the car alright? Chop chop!"

Camillia's mom and dad left and went to a SUV I hadn't noticed parked to the side. Camillia walked back to my car, and slumped in the seat. I followed her and got in the driver's car, reviving the car so I could follow the black SUV.

"Who's Stella?" I finally decided to ask her and she groaned.

"My ex," She said and I frowned, deciding it best to just keep my mouth shut.

The SUV led us to a nice Italian restaurant. I saw everyone get out of the car, and the said Stella walked out holding Mason's hand. Oh what I wouldn't do to see her dead right now.

Camillia and I soon followed after them, and her parents took the big sofas right at the back so it could accommodate everyone. I sat next to Camillia who was sandwich me between and her father.

Mason, Stella and Camillia's mom sat opposite us. I held Camillia hand under the table and I felt her slightly squeeze it. I noticed how Stella kept stealing glances at Camillia and I, but I decided to ignore it.

The evening went smoothly, with Camillia stealing glances from me once in a while. It wasn't that bad, although her parents were judgemental, especially her mother. She would criticize Camillia about the way she dressed, the way her hair looked and everything else that was related to her. I just wanted to stand up and punch her in the face, but I respected them as they were Camillia's parents. 

"So...Camillia who's this?" Her mom suddenly asked the dreadful question. 

"She's a friend."

"A friend you say." Her mother said as she took a sip of her wine that she had ordered.

"Yes mom."

"You know, people your age are done with school these days. They rather make the money than work for it. And you're here...with friends. They are not gonna get you anywhere you know."

It was quiet, and I felt Camillia squeeze my hand under the table. Her grip was stronger than I thought it to be, but I didn't mention it.

"Mom I'm gay." Camillia suddenly said and then finally let go of my hand. I stared at her, and then at her parents,  waiting for a response but it never came.

"Honey you're not-"

"Yes mom I'm gay. And Michelle is my..." She trailed off and turned to look at me with expecting eyes.

"Girlfriend?" I whisperd and she smiled, taking my hand in hers once more.

"Yes girlfriend. She's my girlfriend. And you know what? Fuck you Stella! You never meant anything to me by the way so if you think being with my brother is going to hurt me one bit...it doesn't."

Camilla then stood up, with her hand still in mine and guided me out the restaurant, leaving her parents behind.

I looked at Camillia, and even though she was fuming with red anger she still looked hot as fuck. I'm so proud of her for finally to coming out to her parents.