Hogwarts AU: Hogwarts Express

This doesn't really fit with the other stories, but this is just an idea I thought I'd try :)

Hester hadn't even stepped foot into Hogwarts, and she already hated everything.

It had started with the irregularly perky girl sitting across from her on the Hogwarts Express. Bella, or Beatrice, or some stupid name like that. She had long blond hair teased up in an elaborate hairdo; while Hester obviously didn't care about her hair, she instinctively shrugged her messy red-and-black hair behind her. The last thing I need is some stupid blondie making fun of my hair, she silently seethed.

Bella-Beatrice had apparently already acquired a fan club comprised of a tall, thin girl with olive skin and dark eyes named Reyna or something, as well as a short girl with black hair and a bright pink suitcase named Kiki or whatever.

Hester already despised all three of them.

Especially Bella-Beatrice.

Yet Hester had nowhere else to sit - no compartments looked empty, anyway - so she just sank into the first one she saw, which happened to be occupied. Still, it was too late to back out, or else she'd look like a coward, so here she was.

Bella-Beatrice was holding court. "As I was saying, Daddy told me I'm obviously going to be in Gryffindor," she said. "After all, it's only the best Hogwarts house, right, girls? I mean, it was Harry Potter's house, and he's only the greatest wizard to ever live!"

Hester rolled her eyes.

Harry Potter? So overrated.

"Do you have a problem?" Bella-Beatrice simpered, turning her gaze on Hester. Her eyes had a silvery danger to them that Hester didn't really feel comfortable with.

In any case, Hester was tired of being quiet. "Maybe we do," she said, standing up.

Bella-Beatrice stood too. She was surprisingly tall, almost as tall as Hester, her hair adding another couple of inches. "So what's your deal?"

"My deal?" Hester repeated. "What's yours? Already, you've found yourself a little group of losers" - she gestured at the other two girls - "and you're clearly trying to make yourself feel better by parading your fake confidence. No one was talking to you, you know, and I'm sure everyone would be happier if you shut your mouth for the first time in your sorry life."

Bella-Beatrice's eyes narrowed coldly. "Well, look what we have here, girls." The olive-skinned girl stood up too, backing her up, while the dark-haired girl remained seated, chewing her lip nervously. "It seems as though we've found our first Slytherin."

Hester laughed spitefully. "First time you ever got something right, I expect?" She shrugged, chuckling. "We all know that you're never going to be a Ravenclaw."

Bella-Beatrice laid a hand on Hester's shoulder; the taller girl flinched. What the hell? "I think it's time for you to leave," the blond girl said in a falsely sugary tone.

"Gladly," Hester growled, grabbing her ratty satchel and flinging aside the compartment door - nearly shattering it with her force - and stomping down the aisle. I need some backup, she thought fiercely, the way Bella or whatever her name was did-

There.

Sitting in a compartment all the way in the back was a girl alone. Hester could immediately tell that this girl was unique. She was albino, and something about her body language radiated terror. Hester felt a slight shiver run down her spine. Why am I scared? she wondered.

Her expression steeled. You can handle yourself, she thought.

She marched into the compartment.