Pt. 1

The dog heard him coming before I did. She woke out of a deep sleep on the rug and was completely alert and whining at the door. I knew this day was coming but I hoped it wouldn't start so damn early in the morning. I crawled out of bed and dragged my feet across the floor until I reached the front door. I opened the door and squinted at the rising sun. I was met with the silhouette of a well-dresses man waiting at my door. Zayn.

"Crap." I mumbled.

"Yes Liv, crap is right – we're late." Zayn said sarcasticly, pointing to his watch. "You know, I thought you'd be ready now – since it's nearly 5am – but I guess it's my job to be the responsible one today."

"Shut up Zayn." I snapped, still half asleep. "Come in and take a seat – I'll be ready in ten." He walked in and I shut the door behind him before trudging back up the stairs. It didn't take too long for me to brush my teeth, do a short workout routine and put on a suit but it was apparently enough time for Zayn to make a pot of coffee and feed my dog. Sometimes he was so efficient it was scary.

"I made it to go." Zayn said as he handed me my coffee. He's a good kid. It's a shame he got stuck guarding rich peoples valuables with me. "Can I drive this time?" He asked.

"No way." We got in the car and I drove off.

"Worth a shot." Zayn mumbled. "Anyways the package description says it's a live horned equestrian mammal."

"Wait we're guarding a unicorn?"