Chapter 1 - Part 2

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here?"
———————————————————————

A boy with long braids that framed his face said out loud making the zombies down below claw at the walls like the hungry monsters they are.

Y/n didn't say anything, the way she looked at them gave away the fact that she was scared, anxious but still on her guard never dropping it.

"Oi he asked you a question, answer it!"
Yelled one of the other guys standing next to him.
You didn't know what he looked like since you weren't very interested. Instead you just kept you eyes on the guy in front of you due to him being the closest.
Not a word came out of your mouth.
The woman walked towards you but was stopped by the guy In front, she looked at you blankly but didn't seem like she wanted to hurt you.
Her black hair swayed in the gush of wind making her light brown eyes exposed to everyone around her.

*BANG!*

Zombies are slowly making their way up to the top of the build which the building itself isn't really tall so it's only a matter of time before they make their appearance to the alerted group.
Y/N quickly got up and ran to the fire escape, but before she could make it someone grabbed her arm harshly pointing a knife into her throat.
"You're not going anywhere until you answer my question, why are you up here and who are you because this is our base and trespassers aren't accepted"
He angrily said while gritting his teeth.
Y/n then kicks him in the shin with her good foot making him fall back in pain giving the girl a high chance of being able to escape down the fire escape careful not to hurt her foot even more. Y/n was aware that she was being chased by two of his friends so she decided to smash a window that had around 3 zombies inside to slow them down or hurt them and make the possibility of them catching her low. Making her way down two more floors she enters an empty room and closes the window behind her.

*BANG*

One of the zombies was thrown down too the same level she was on along with a man who finished it off.

"I'm glad I closed that window"
Y/n said to herself under her breath while finding a hiding spot so he didn't see her.
Down came the singular woman covered in blood and wound free, unlike the boy she glazed the rooms with a fierce look like someone had just crossed the line with something that pissed her off. Keeping her head down to avoid her dark glaze and the risk of being found Y/n scooted under the bed a bit more as of not to be to loud or in the light of the bright sun.
A creaking sound could be heard from Y/n's movements causing the unknown girl to pass on thinking it's just a plain zombie.

Guy 1 "I went downwards to the end of the fire escape and nothings there..should we head back up and retreat or search the building, your call ma'am".

The unknown woman thought for a bit while glazing the room one last time.

"Start heading up we'll retreat, that nasty slug slipped away from our grasp and it's getting too late we better start heading back"
she said while quietly sighing.
The guy bow's and starts heading up to gather the group and leave.

"The engine of that military truck is so loud" Y/N thought to herself.
The girl sighed to herself while planning on what to do next, she knew she was weak due to her ankle and couldn't afford to run and hide somewhere else and at the end of the day all she could hope is that they don't come back looking for her.
"What did they mean by their territory..last time I checked I was the first one here and there were no signs saying I wasn't welcomed here anyways"
Y/N was left confused. Giving up on the complex thoughts in her head she decided to set on her sleeping bag not trusting the free smelly beds already built in the room and tried to fall asleep pushing the negative thoughts away ready for the next morning to stress about.

——————
Next day

*SMASH*

Small pieces of glass cutting Y/N's skin alerted the sleeping girl causing her body to jolt upwards only for her mouth to be covered with a cloth, breathing in the sweet smell her hands and feet were being held together keeping her from fighting back.

Everything disappeared slowly and she felt her body leave the ground and the bright hot sun hit her face was the last thing she felt before drifting into a deep slumber once again.

—————
Cliffhanger again!
Sorry for not posting for most of 2022! I hope this makes up for it, I also have a few more chapters I'm currently writing and will be long and not short like this one.
I feel like I put too much detail into whatever I write so I give up on it most of the time but I saw it got 19 views which made me more motivated to continue this so whoever had read my book than thank you!
Feed back is appreciated.
I wonder who that female was, have a guess!