Chapter 11

Erika's POV
I check the mail and inside is a package for me, obviously from Molly. I run in the house, and read the attached letter. It reads:

Hello friend, am I going to give you something particularly special? No. I will although give you this bracelet. I am aware you have a special connection to this bracelet and are wondering how I got it. That is something I want to keep hidden, and don't even bother asking around.

Molly x

I open the small package and find a bracelet like the letter said I would. It is special to me, it's a friendship bracelet my best friend Flavia made me in second grade. I stare at its sparkly beads, my wrist is too large for it now of course. How she got it is what scares me. I throw it in the fireplace with the voodoo doll.

My mom and dad walk in, hands full of groceries. "We could use a little help," my dad says, and I grab a few bags. Of course, upon Tyler's request, there are packages of gummy penguins. After we put everything away my parents go upstairs. Tyler isn't home so I grab one of the many gummy penguin packages and start eating.

I get a text from Zoe saying she's on her way back to England and that she's going to miss me. I text her back saying I'm going to miss her too. My mom walks into my room, "Hey," she smiles "Don't let your brother see you eating that." I look down at my gummy penguins, "Well he's not here," I say. She sits on the edge of my bed, "So what are you up too?" She asks.

"Nothing much," I answer, "I'm just relaxing I guess." She rubs my leg, "Don't you want to hang out with a friend or something?" She asks, "What friend, Flavia? She lives an hour away from me," I say, "I don't have any real friends, if I do it's because everyone wants to be friends with Tyler Oakley's sister."

"Well that's because that's how you choose to see. You may not know this but some of your friends like you for you. All you need to do is be able to tell who your real friends are," she says. I smile, "I guess," I say. "Your brother is going to be back soon so you can hang out with him," she tells me, and leaves the room.