Just Forget About Me

I woke up because of the noise I heard outside. It was Gin's neighbor. The good thing about her neighbor, is that he is my crush. I've liked him for two years now. The first year, I kind of denied it, but this year, I just can't deny it. I like him a lot. It isn't the type of thing where he knows nothing me. Of course not. He is my "brother". I really called him that to cover up the fact that I like him but other than that, we are really close. I went to the window and pulled it up. I looked out of it. "Hey Tori Tum Tum!" He shouted. "Hey Ace" I yelled back.

"You look hit this morning T. Wasuup with that?" He smiled. Gosh that smile was just gorgeous. Everytime he says something, I can't help but smile.

"I slept too good. One thing always has to be wrong when everything else is right. But anyway, what in the world are you doing out here?" I asked.

It was obvious that he was washing a car. It was also obvious that he had cars lined up which led me to believe he was having a car wash. But I meant why, and he knew that.

"I'm raising money for my football competition to Florida."

Well that's weird. He is very fortunate when it comes to finances.

"For you?" I Asked.

"No, for the people on the team who may need help to pay for the trip."

You see? He is so generous. He is doing things for others without even being asked.. But what if he was asked. I mean, sure it would still be generous but the thought wouldn't be the same. Maybe his Coach told him to do this.

Before I could finish thinking, he called out to me.

"Why don't you come and help me"

I thought for a minute. I decided I would go. I told him, I would be out soon. I crept to the bathroom but it was no need to creep.

"Where ya going. With ya lil boyfriend?" Mimicked Ginelle.

I laughed. She knew of my liking for him.

"Yes. We are washing cars."

She walked to the bathroom door and leaned on it.

"You should really tell him how you feel. I bet he feels the same. If he asked you to be his girlfriend once, why would the feelings change?" She said.

I thought about this for a minute.

"That was last year when he asked, and I rejected. He might have lost feelings after hearing that" I said sadly. The only reason i had rejected him was because I had a boyfriend.

"You shouldn't have rejected him. Your boyfriend was an asshole anyway." She stated. Yeah. He was.

"Well I need to get ready. Terrence is waiting"

I closed the door and started to brush my teeth. I washed my face, and took a shower. I put on a black sports bra, and black lace panties. Yeah, I get down with that sexy shit. I lotioned up and put on deodorant.

I went to my overnight bag. I pulled out a white Hollister shirt with navy blue lettering and a red eagle. I also pulled out light blue faded shorts that had rips. At the bottom of the shorts there were fringes the color of the American flag. Lastly, I put on red and white Jordans.

For my hair, I decided I was tired of straight hair. So I got my hold spray and set it down in the counter. I got water and wet my hands. Then i put my hands through my hair. I repeated that about six times to get my hair in it wavy frizzy state. By now I had a mane. But I wanted curls. So I sprayed my hold spray on my hair and put leave-in conditioner in my hair. Now it was curly, thick, shiny, and smelled amazing. I puffed it around my face then let it fall back down to my shoulders. I put a hair tie around my wrist just in case I wanted to tie up my monster. I stepped out and made my way downstairs to tell Gin's mom what I was up to. I drank some orange juice, grabbed an apple and headed out the door. I walked over to Terrence's house. "Dang sistaaaa. You look good." He rang out. I giggled. "Thanks".

"Alright so just help me wash these cars then after we can sit and drink some lemonade or something" he explained.

"Alright. Cool."

We washed the cars. Me being the attention seeker that I am, I climbed on top of the car and washed it. I was already wet so I just laid down on the car.

"Tori you are DIRTAAAY!" Terrence exclaimed.

I laughed. We always insulted each other. That's how we showed love.

"Get down"

I just looked at him for a moment and moved my legs so they hung over the car.

"Come get me" I said.

He came over and picked me up then put me on the ground.

I started walking to the other car which was in the grass. Terence ran to the side of me.

"High five sis" he yelled.

I Gave him a high five but he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him, then he stuck his foot out and I tripped over it and fell splat face down in the grass. He laughed and so did I. You usually see that stuff in cartoons but it happened to me. I got up and chased him but eventually got tired because his running skills are too much for me.

We finally got done with the cars having lost a few customers because of our playful antics.

It was burning up outside. We sat at the patio and drank lemonade.

"Its hoooot" i wailed.

"Hot, hot, hot," Terrence sang imitating a TV commercial.

I laughed. He always makes me laugh if you can't tell.

"You want to go swimming??" I asked

"Duh" he said. I called Gin and Told her the plan. She had a pool in her backyard so all I told her to do was to get my swimming suit and hers and that Terrence was coming. I went to the house, got changed and was about to go meet them at the pool when my phone rang.

"Hello" I said.

"Hi Victoria"

"Why are you calling restricted?"

"I obviously don't want you to know who I am"

"what do you want?"

"I just wanted to say your future won't be good with Terrence and when he messes up, I will be here to comfort you."

" Excuse me, Terrence is very ni-"

They hung up.

I shrugged. Whatever

_____________________________________

Yeah... Long time no see. Comment and let me know what you think - Jamiliah