Chapter 13

*Lan Wangji's pov*

I'm glad he came to my birthday. I looked at the rabbits he gifted me and sighed. Am I really that special in his heart? How does he know that I love bunnies? I thought about my little rabbit 🐇 who died. My mother gifted it to me one day.

Even though it's my birthday something was not right. Today I saw many things. What was that reaction he had when he saw my great grandfather? What was my great grandfather's past? What connects between him and Wei Ying?

Today his silver eyes turned into dark purple. At first i thought he was putting contact lenses. But he was with us for a long time didn't go to the bathroom to put it on. How can one's pupils change color?

Great grandfather Lan Zhan, what are you hiding from me? I have to unveil this mystery surrounding Wei Ying. Who is he? Something is not right.

Suddenly something alarmed our home. I ran towards the sound. "Why is the compass is moving hysterically?" Uncle asked.

When I went outside, the moon was blood red in color. Ooh no this is a bad omen. An Eclipsed moon and an agitated compass; something is connected between these circumstances. The birds were flying in the night.

"Oh my God."

"The compass detects that there is a supernatural entity nearby." Uncle said after a pause.

"What are you saying uncle?" Brother asked.

"This is not an ordinary compass. It detects these events. Something triggered the compass to move like this. I wonder what this is?"

I have to find it. I must find it. I can't give up.

*

The next day when I went to school he wasn't there. Absent? I shrugged. What the hell?

"Moody today, Wangji?" Nie Huaisang asked.

"I'm fine."

Nie Huaisang asked. "Ooh missing Wei Xiong?"

Fuck. I shrugged. "Well, he didn't show up today?"

"No."

I rolled my eyes. "Have you heard from him?"

"No... I thought he was more attached to you." I want to laugh. Seriously, it's the other way around. He is not attached to me. It was me who is struggling to get attached with him ... As a friend. Not to mention somehow a strange instinctual attraction.

"Try contacting him." Jiang Cheng said.

"I... Don't have his contact number."

Both of them laughed. "Lan Wangji, from the way you two had the bond, we thought you exchanged numbers."

I rolled my eyes. "Well...." I thought about that awkward almost ... Kiss. How shameless of me. I almost felt like a pervert taking my liberties to ... Kiss him. You stupid pervert. I cursed myself.

The day was so boring ... Without him. I felt like getting sick. What exactly happened?

After school I was going back home suddenly I saw Wei Ying on the road but when I blinked my eyes for a bit, I didn't saw him. He's gone. My eyes are playing tricks? I shrugged. This is getting me mad. Am I losing my mind? I thought.

Just then somehow while walking i felt like someone was following me. I clenched my fists and continued to walk. But then some mobs came surrounding me. "Hey boy, got some change in your hand?"

"No?"

"Ooh no? Ooh come on. Just give it to brother will you?" He touched my shoulder.

"Don't touch me. I don't have any money."

But those boys aren't willing to listen they continued to pester upon me. "Hey, hey." The tone was aggressive.

But then I heard a screeching ... And saw that  it was a car. A black Jaguar approaching to our side. The person got out of the car in a rude way. "Get into the goddamn car." He said in an eerie sound.

"Wei Ying." I said.

"I said get into the car."

I got in without saying another word. When the boys tried to reason somehow i felt it's not right.

"Hey, hey we're just messing...." There was a pause.

Somehow through the glass i couldn't hear anything. But the boys ran away when he came. What is happening?

He then get inside the car and started the engine. It went like in a lightening speed. He turned the steering wheel very aggressively and looked through glass. "What was that?"

Wei Ying shouted, "shut up."

I bit my lips. What the hell? His focus was entirely on the road. "Just tell what's going on?"

"I told you to shut up."

"No.... You can't order me."

He rolled his eyes and glanced at my face. "Hmph... So timid and childish. Well, tell me something so that I can distract myself."

"Wei Ying, you haven't released the hand break."

He chuckled. "Heh really."

He then stopped the car and released the hand break. I sighed. When he started the engine I panicked again. "I'll drop you anyways."

"Why didn't you come to class today?"

"Are you hungry? You haven't eaten anything?"

How did he know? I shrugged. "I'm okay."

"No. Let's eat something." He pulled the car over to an air conditioned restaurant.

"I'm fine. Wei Ying, please."

"Stupid. Just come with me. Why are starving yourself just because I didn't come today?"

I grew silent and bit my lips. He hold my arm and lead me to the restaurant. We took two seats and sat down. The waitress came towards us. "Can I get anything for you monsieurs?"

"Order." He synced his lips at me.

"Um... A mushroom ravioli with mashed potatoes." I shrugged.

"A steak for me. Thank you."

The lady smiled and looked at Wei Ying in a flirtatious expression. "No problem." I felt my blood boil. She left after a while glancing at the man who is the owner of a spotless skin.

"So .... How did you find me?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"How did you find me?"

"Why didn't you eat or drink anything? Are you planning to kill yourself for some petty reason?"

I pursed my lips. "You got to give me some answers."

"What is it?"

"Tell me who you are."