The Night Out

Where we all get to see and new sassy side of Priya and Declan learns to compromise.

Dedicated to

"Like hell you're going out!" Declan shouts. He was throwing one of his rare tantrums like the child that practically all men are on the inside. I'm pretty sure if it were physically possible, he would have steam coming out of his nose and ears at the moment.

"Are you even aware of the type of people that go there Ria? Do you know anyone that's ever gone there?" He demands.

"You seem to know well enough about it." I say arching an eyebrow at him as I cross my arms, praying that I look intimidating.

Not a shred of guilt shows as he retorts, "The guys dragged me there one time because you were dedicating your night to studying."

"In what world is it fair that you can go out any night you feel like it and get drunk with your buddies while I stay home, but I can't spend one night out without you breathing down my neck? I don't know what you've conjured up in your head but you've got me sadly mistaken if you think that I'm just going to sit around at night waiting around while you have your fun." I say, fed up with his childlike behavior and over-the-top protectiveness.

"Shit, you're so hot when you're mad at me Ria."

I roll my eyes at him as I feel my annoyance begin to reach it's peak. "I need you to take me seriously for once please. If you're comfortable with other people starting to think that I am your cute little house pet then we've got a serious problem."

Immediately his seriousness is gone and I can see the hurt on his face as his eyes turn down. He raises a finger, starting to say something, but stops himself and stares at me for a few tense seconds. Shaking his head he abruptly turns around and storms out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I stay rooted to my spot long enough to hear the apartment door shut loudly.

Sitting myself on the edge of the bed I fight the urge to rip off the outfit I put on, wipe off all of my makeup, and crawl into bed wearing one of Dec's shirts. I made the plans to go out with Sheena, Katy, and Tammy and - as much as I'd hate to leave an angry Declan behind - I would be even more upset with myself for bailing out on my friends.

Staying seated a few more minutes I contemplate calling Declan and seeing where he is but I know that he won't answer while he's still in a mood. My phone buzzes and I see Katy's name light up on my screen along with her contact picture. Sighing I deny the call and send her a text that I'm on my way.

Not in the mood to drive I call a cab as I walk through the empty apartment and grab a jacket from the closet by the door. Opening the door I look back one more time before turning off the lights wondering where my fiance could have gone.

. . .

Walking out of the building and leaning against the wall I get my answer when my left arm is pulled to the side and pushed up against the side wall of our apartment building. There's enough light in the wide alleyway for me to catch a quick glance of the side of Declan's face and small tattoo on the side of his neck before he crushes his lips to mine.

"I swear Priya you make me so mad sometimes." Declan grumbles before leaning in for another searing kiss.

"The feelings mutual." I say as he starts a trail of kisses down my neck, lingering at the juncture between my neck and shoulder. I let out a soft moan and wind my arms around his neck as he wraps his arms tightly around my waist. Remembering that my cab could show up any second - I plant my feet on the ground as he attempts to hoist me up and lean away as his kisses move into lower, more dangerous territories.