make me move (M) johnny x reader

↣ PAIRING: Johnny (NCT) + reader (female)

↣ GENRE: baby daddy; a rollercoaster of emotions; smut

↣ SUMMARY: You were pregnant when Johnny left to follow his dreams and not a day goes by that you don't wonder if you did the right thing by keeping his daughter a secret from him. Then, unexpectedly, Johnny comes back into your life, but neither of you are sure if he's ready to be a father.

↣ WARNINGS: mild language; some alcohol use; explicit sexual content

↣ NOTES: listening to make me move by culture code feat. karra; this is a one-shot, there will be no sequels; check the masterlist in my description for other one-shots in this collection; happy reading!

Only fifteen minutes had passed since you dropped your daughter off at her grandparents' house for the weekend, as you did every Friday after school.

So, when your phone rang, your brows stitched. "Hi, Mama Suh," you said, turning down the radio. The confusion in your voice was obvious. "Everything alright?"

"You need to come here right now."

That set your teeth on edge and made your heart lodge somewhere in your throat. You slammed on the brakes and moved into the left lane to make an abrupt, illegal u-turn, earning a loud honk from the car behind you. "What happened?" you exclaimed worriedly.

You were imagining the worst. Did your daughter fall? Was she hurt or sick? What could have possibly happened in the past fifteen minutes to completely flip your world upside down?

"Johnny's here."

Well, it went without saying that was the last thing you expected to hear, and was simultaneously the worst possible scenario.

Your hands trembled. Adrenaline pumped its way through your body. "What?"

"He showed up to surprise us. We had no idea."

You wholeheartedly believed her, all things considered. Your thoughts at the moment, however, revolved solely around your daughter. "Where's Josie?"

"She locked herself in her room."

Of course, she did. Your baby girl tended to flee when distraught. She didn't like to cry in front of people. Said it was too embarrassing.

You accelerated, passing a slow car, and said, "I'm fifteen minutes out. Actually, more like ten."

Those next ten minutes were the longest of your life. They ranked up there with sixteen hours of labor. At the next red light, you texted Josie, letting her know you were on your way at an almost criminal speed, but she didn't answer.

You could only imagine what was going through her head. It was undoubtedly spinning like yours. And your hearts were equally racing too.

The sight of an unfamiliar blue car, presumably a rental, in the driveway of the Suh house shot more adrenaline up your spine. You parked beside it and leapt out of your car, racing toward the house, but stopped dead in your tracks when you saw someone sitting on the top stair of the front porch.

"Johnny," you rasped, all the air whooshing out of your lungs.

There he was. Your first love. Your last boyfriend. The father of your child.

Johnny had his elbows on his thighs and his mouth hidden behind his hands, but you could see that pensive frown regardless. His face was taut and tense with anger and confusion. All reasonably justified. After a second, which he spent glancing you over, Johnny hissed, "You were never gonna tell me, were you?"