23. realize

After dinner last night Shy and Ryder showered then headed right to bed

After dinner last night Shy and Ryder showered then headed right to bed. Shy's asleep next to Ryder, but Ryder hadn't been able to sleep.

It took her a while to fall asleep last night and when she did, she had nightmares and woke right back up.

So she's been up since 2 in the morning, watching TV or on her phone watching TikTok's and stuff.

Even though Ryder doesn't want to admit it, what happened yesterday in the club triggered her. She felt okay after it happened but now... not so much.

Ryder thought she would be okay, especially since she had Shy there with her. But she wasn't okay, she didn't feel safe or protected.

Deep down she knew that was why her and Shy wouldn't have worked out. Yeah, Shy is a great woman but when it comes down to it, she lacks something very important that Ryder needs. To feel safe.

Shy just didn't have to grow up like Ryder did, so her survival instincts were pretty low.

There is, or was, only one person who could provide that kind of security with Ryder.

Her phone buzzed from a text and she opened it. This time it was the family group chat.

Robyn - Good morning hope y'all well rested, meet in Reapers room in 30 minutes.

Ra 👶🏾- Bet

Bro💙- Why my room?

Robyn - You the only lonely one

Bro💙 - 🖕🏾

Me - ok

Sade 🥷🏾- 👍🏾

Ryder sighed loudly before getting out of bed. She forgot they were even there to do a job. She was beyond tired.

She does her whole morning routine before throwing on a cropped sweater with matching sweats.

Ryder took nearly 30 minutes to get dressed. Now she was the one who was late but she didn't care. Ryder thought Robyn bet not say shit to her about it.