Prologue

There's blood all over my hands. My sleeves. Face. Pants. Everywhere. Honestly I blame that idiot that thought it'd be a good idea to sneak into the witch convicts house. Cowards. They're all cowards. They didn't even bother to follow me into the forest. They probably think it's "haunted" or "against God" or something stupid like that. I took this moment of silence to process everything that happened. I push back my black hair out of my face and pull up my puffy blood stained white sleeves. Everything happened so fast. I remember finding that idiot trying to assassinate me from behind the door and one thing lead to another, I killed him and what I'm pretty sure was the woman that hired him. Then the horses came and I had to book it before they found me. This honestly wasn't I intended for what I wanted to do today but I'm not going to complain with saying one last fuck you to that God forbidden town. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if for my 18th birthday they surprised me with a noose and a stool. But it doesn't matter anyways. I've left that town, and being on my own is nothing new to me. I take in a sigh and stand up to check my surroundings. I notice something in the trees up ahead of me. It was cabin. A pretty beat up one for the record. Actually, I barely even remember it being there to begin with. I look around one last time and walk toward the house with my hand on the still bloodied blade on my belt. I look into the windows, it wasn't really much to be honest. It was empty and dirty, about the same size as my old house, incredibly small but livable for someone that's not married and barely stays inside. And for something that didn't cost rent and the occasional brake in from the British I think I'll take my chances with living here for a few days. I put my hand on the door nob, but there was suddenly a weird feeling in my stomach. I'll be fine. Its just nerves, I told myself. I open the door to the same empty house I saw through the window. But the feeling was worse now. It was almost intoxicating. I've seen ghosts, demons, witches, so why dose it feel so wrong? I take a breath in. I turn around only to see a hooded figure in the door way with a rock in their hand. Then soon after, it all went black.