Introducción

the short french girl grew up watching f1 cheering for ferrari or whatever team seb was signed to at the time. although there was pierre gasly she was too old to grow up watching him race but seb had been racing since she was 10 and he was the reason she began watching. when ferrari signed signed a not so new driver in 2021 she was head over heals. red suited him better than orange and she loved listening to his thick Spanish accent whilst he was angry. even though it wasn't a good time to admire him. when she was young she moved to monaco where she met her life long best friend charles leclerc who just so happened to be the reason she could even feel the presence of carlos sainz. charles is the only thing between them. will he stop her? tell her the cons? whatever happens she will always admire from afar.

elodie pov

"el, hello, elodie!" charles snapped. i drifted out of the trance sainz had me in and whipped my head towards charles to see him smirking at me. "not funny dont you dare think about it." "how am i not meant to i mean clear as day come on you wear staring for a hood 15 minutes and if he sees you he will know himself," charles blurted "know what leclerc i have no eye idea camarade. wanna tell me what's on you mind?" "you like sainz don't you?" he spoke nearly above a whisper. i shrug my shoulders and continue with admiring him.

carlos pov

i was in the Ferrari accom leclerc sat a table away from me. he was accompanied by a beautiful girl who by charles' loud conversation i learned is named elodie. she has a beautiful french accent and fluctuates between french and english both soothing in their own ways. i know it had only been half a year since i broke up with isa and i was already looking at another women like that but she was pretty. a different kind of pretty, gentle yet stern at the same time. some may say stubborn but of all i know about her she was just her.

i stood up and slowly walked towards leclerc with the aim of getting to know the blonde girl. "leclerc! you alright if i sit with you." "no problem sainz," charles winked at his friend not stubbly then she slapped him softly causing a squabble. "hi my names carlos, carlos sainz," i introduced myself in hopes that 'elodie' would introduce herself too. "hello beau i'm elodie leclercs maman." " what the hell did you just say." "you would know if you tried to learn french," she stuck her tounge out at charles making him screw his face up. "why don't you sit next to me instead of that tête de serpillère." i stood up and made my way over to her side of the table and whispered into her ear, "i can't speak a lick of french, amor,"
her stomach started doing flips at the last word. "i called him a mophead chérie," she also whispered then placed her head onto his shoulder.

————————————————————————

elodie pov

"seriously head on the shoulder the name calling in different languages DIFFERENT LANGUAGES you've just met him take it slow. also just got out of a six year relationship probably still attached to her or something." "mophead i like your thinking but he started it he called me 'amor'-" i got cut off by leclerc "you started it you call him 'beau' whatever that means." "he didn't know what it meant so it doesn't matter all that matters is that i'm not a pussy and can flirt." it was silent, it's never been this awkward. never. "i'm sorry..." i apologised. "why? i should be sorry for making you feel-" "he's your teammate i shouldn't take
it away from you." "your not taking him away from me it's just racing and friends." you make no sense leclerc," i chuckle "i do but you just don't understand cause your a baguette sucker." "making fun of me for being french is a bit harsh." charles elbowed me causing an eruption of laughter to fill the cold yet soothing air.

i arrived home and my moman greeted me and followed the greetings with a series of questions relating to my day which i answered as always. she was so interested in what happens at races and being around the racers but it's really nothing exciting unless it is a race. "oh mom i forgot to tell you i'm going back home to monaco for the grand prix. i seriously can't miss it it's charles home race. the big one..." "sweetheart of course you can go i wouldn't say no your 25 now just enjoy yourself and use protection." "you really think that it would happen." "oh i know so." "not with charles. never."