𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐀𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧

✦

|

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏

|

Blood.

The awful scent of blood and death enveloped the battlefield. A bunch of Kanoe-ranked slayers were injured, as some even started praying for their lives to either be spared by the demon or for back-up to arrive.

"Dearest gods," one prayed as he wrapped his wound—THUD! His eyes closed shut as he saw one of his colleagues get pinned in the gut with a knife on a tree nearby. "Please," the young man pleaded, shaking. "Please bring someone. Someone to kill that asshole. He should perish in hell."

"Praying are we, Asashi?" a female slayer named, Emiko, commented as she sought for cover by Asashi's tree. "Hope the gods hear you alright. I feel death's door coming," she bitterly chuckled, fighting yet her eyes strained with bits of tears.

Asashi groaned at the wound on his leg while certain guilt grew inside his gut. However, his body shook (perhaps in fear).

Gathering some courage, Emiko said, "Come on, we need to find his weak spo—"

BOOM!

A large bang was heard throughout the forest, heavy wind and smoke came soon after. Emiko knew of this sign. A Hashira—a Hashira was now here!

"Are you alright?" A tender voice spoke—ever in her striking beauty. Sporting a haori* that was made of constellations and red hair that flew wildly on her back, the two Kanoe knew who the person with gentle blue eyes was.

It was the Soul Hashira, Fujiwara Maiko.

And whenever the Soul Pillar went, there was a 70% that she wasn't alone. Another Pillar would be with her.

"Time to die the most flamboyant way possible, demon! A booming laugh was then heard.