𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬

"UGH!" one grunted. "Well if you won't stop moving, this will hurt even more," the other replied.

     After their 5-hour battle in the Wind Hashira's mansion, the two pillars found refuge in the man's estate to regenerate their used-up energy—and also for Maiko to stitch up some of Sanemi's wounds she gifted him.

     "So much for a peace offering," Maiko grumbled, dabbing a cotton ball of antiseptic into Sanemi's wounds. This made the man grunt once more, making the female apologize. Because in comparison to his wound-decorated body, the Soul Hashira on the other hand was spotless—not a single scratch.

     However, despite that, Fujiwara Maiko knew that the battle they were training she would probably have for months. Hence, she found the Wind Hashira's stamina to be interesting and how his abrasiveness is integrated into battle. It reminded her of the Spartans of Ancient Greece and their harsh, extreme, and sometimes cruel methods to train their warriors. Yet, the Soul Hashira also noted how the Wind Pillar was too aggressive, resulting in massive wounds on his figure.

     "Are you just gonna stare at my body or what," the man finally spoke.

     This left Maiko off guard and she unconsciously blushed. "Yep! I mean," the woman deliberately coughs. "No. I will not be staring—I was NOT! Staring... at you or anything. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be getting you some bandages," the woman sarcastically smiles before leaving the scarred man.

     This made Sanemi chuckle. Her smile... it reminded him of someone. A friend...

     Sanemi sighed

     Sanemi sighed. Perhaps he was being too mean to Fujiwara. But what could he do? This was his coping mechanism after all. To soothe all the pain right after losing someone so dear to him. A friend... All he knew was to drive everyone away with his anger. Yet, where does that get him?---

CLUNG!

     Sanemi withdrew himself from his thoughts of reminiscing about his late friend, and back to reality where he heard some metal fall from the ground.

     "I'm sorry!" a creature's voice was heard.

     "Riki!" in turn was Maiko, in distress at what she's witnessed. Filled with disbelief, she scolded her bird, "That was for Shinazugawa-san! Why did you—"

     "What the fuck is going on—"

      Sanemi stood still at what he saw. Maiko's Kasugai Crow, on his kitchen table, devouring all the sweet red bean rice balls Maiko initially planned to give him.

     Snatching the single pastry left from the crow, Maiko offers it to Sanemi while simultaneously giving her crow a glare as sharp as her sword. "I'm so sorry for this! I was supposed to give this to you. You don't mind having some ohagi right? I made a batch right after the Hashira meeting and I'd thought I would give you some as my new—"

     However, Maiko noticed that Shinazugawa's eyes were not focused on hers anymore. Rather, on two lone pictures that were placed on the table.

     The first photo was of two friends. Sanemi and a young man with short, spiky black hair. Round eyes and prominent scars on the left side of his cheek.

     On the other hand, the second photo was of two brothers. This time it was a much younger Sanemi. A Sanemi that didn't have any scars on his face, and a younger brother with a buzz cut, with only a small clump of messy black hair left to grow on top of his head.

     These were rare images of the Wind Hashira looking calm—happy even. However, Sanemi noticing that these photos were not in their original positions made him boil in anger.

     "Who the fuck gave you the right to take these out where it's supposed to be?"

     "Wait—I'm sorry. I got them when I was looking for some bandages—"

     "GET THE FUCK OUT!"

     "But—"

     "GET OUT!"

     At this point, a little more push would get this man to explode. Meanwhile, Maiko, on the other hand, looked like she would break down. Seeing the man in front of her yell in such an aggressive tone made her recall some dark memories. Hence, taking this into account, Riki decided to take matters into his own hands. Rather, in this situation, claws.

     "Stop it, Shinazugawa-san," the crow demanded. "You don't get to shout at Maiko like that—"

     "It's this bitches' fault in the first place, birdie."

     "HA! First, you call my father a bitch and now you call me a bitch? Some kind of nerve you got!" Maiko unconsciously stated, making Riki gasp. Fujiwara Maiko was a respactable Hashira. More to that is she never swears.

     "Shut the fuck up! Both of you! How will you two survive your next mission when you two are arguing nonstop? Not to mention where it's supposed to be where you two are wed."

     "THE FUCK?"

     "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED?!"