Cinnamon spice and all things nice

"I LOVE Christmas. "

And I do mean that. When I was younger, the baubles on the ceiling like flakes of snow, the tradition of music and the tree being put up with twinkles of light, smiles, songs and pure and true happiness.. that was Christmas.

Since so many messy uproars, Christmas hasn't meant the same thing to me. It has been shouting, pain, the feeling of being unheard and the need to escape. The time "for love and understanding" went well and truly out of the window.

Walking into Brad's room however, created a small warmth of happiness in my tummy, it was golden, cinnamon spiced and, well, happy.

"I guess you like it, beauty?" Brad questioned.

"Obviously I do, I just... I didn't think I would at all, I am shocked and happy all in one. It is so nice to see Christmas again."

"If you look closely, there may be something that Santa left under the tree early."

And low and behold, as I looked, a dinky silver parcel sat under the tiny tree on Brad's floor. I slowly stepped towards it. So many things flew through my head. "Am I being messed with? Is this just fun for him? Maybe I can be cared about!"

Before grabbing it, like the starved child within me wanted to, I turned back to face brad. His cheeks were scrunched so tight with his smile, he looked like a kid on,.. well Christmas Day!

I opened it while facing him, being gentle with the shiny paper, ravishing in the attention I was being given. It opened to reveal a long, black, rectangular box. Opening it showed me a delicate silver chain, with "Beauty" written in delicate cursive writing dangling from it.

"This is beautiful brad."

""I've only known you a very short while, but having you in my home, in my clothes, in my bed.. I knew you, even slightly. And that warmed me, I cannot let you be another's beauty. Please be all mine?"