Comfort?

~ A few weeks later ~
I'd been back home for a few weeks now, needless to say it didn't start off well. My mum came home a week or so after that night, her arms covered in scratches, her plum coloured cheek swollen and a slightly puffy eye. We didn't speak for a while, maybe she had forgotten I existed, at least I hoped so.

As for Brad, he'd been nice. However I'd decided that one night of me being vulnerable could get me hurt so I shut off from everyone. I barely spoke to Eli however, after a few days, he barely spoke to me; he didn't even try. So, I sat alone, I ate alone, I walked home alone.

It was Saturday, we had one week left until the Christmas holidays, they used to excite me, but now it makes me sad and miserable. Growing up my presents turned from teddy bears to beer bottles and men going to "mummy" and telling her to sit on their lap. It wasn't exactly a happy time. My phone buzzed: Brad.

*open your window x*
I looked over to see him, his curly hair ruffled and a small smile spread across his face.

"Hello." I daren't make eye contact. What if he was angry? I'd been so distant? Maybe he just didn't care?
"Come over, please."

Without another word I slipped on my shoes and went over, I needn't tell my mum, she was passed out on the sofa. I don't know why I didn't even bother to think twice, maybe I missed him.

"Come in Beauty." he said, stifling his smirk as I blushed slightly.
"Still Bella Bradley."
He took me up to his room, surprisingly he had Christmas lights around the ceiling like a garland and a small Christmas tree in the corner, sprinkled in tiny golden ball balls.

"It's so pretty in here," I gasped "definitely not what I was expecting."
"Do you like Christmas?"
What was I supposed to say?! How was I supposed to explain years of miserable Christmas' with dodgy Santa's and a drunk mum.