The Dinner

Chapter Fifteen

"Haven't you learned your lesson?"
"What do you mean?"
"This is the second time you've done this."
"It is?"
"It's part of your memory that was taken."
"You know, I still don't believe that."
"Fine... What did your parents say?"
"They got furious. I mean seeing a naked guy sneaking out of my room, gave them something huge to worry about."
Logan walked me to my class before he went to his own.
"So I'll talk to you later?"
"What about?"
"John Miles..." he said as his smile disappeared then he walked away.
John Miles? What is there to talk about John Miles?
I entered class and sat beside a guy with brown hair, neat cut, hazel brown eyes.
"Hi... I'm Harv," he reached out his hand and I took it. His hands were warm and huge but felt soft and smooth.
"I'm Allison. I guess we're gonna be lab partners."
"I guess we are, Allison. I guess we are."
"Good morning everyone. I am Mr. Jared." The teacher said as he wrote his name on the board. "I want you to take a look at the person beside you. Because that person is now your partner for the rest of the year."
I looked at Harv as he smiled at me and I smiled back.
The class went on but again, I didn't listen. I took some notes but I wasn't being attentive at all.
"Okay class. Even though this is our first class together, I have already decided to start the fun," Mr. Jared said as everyone quickly reacted except for Harv, his eyes were still focused on my face. I started wondering what was wrong and if maybe I had something on my face. He stared at me but did not at all seem creepy, "I want you to build a symmetrical structure made out of wooded sticks, chopsticks and other wooden things that you could use. You would be graded by how resourceful you are, how big your structure is and how great the symmetry of your structure is."
The bell rang and everyone got up and I grabbed my bag.
"You have a week to complete your work. See you next lesson," Mr. Jared said as he left the room.
"Allison," Harv grabbed my arm gently.
"Yes Harv?" I asked when Logan knocked on the door.
"Never mind," said Harv as he and Logan were having an intense stare down," I'll talk to you later."
"What do you mean later?" I asked but he just left.
"Who was that?" asked Logan.
"You're just my fake boyfriend so why should I tell you."
"Just tell me," he said looking so concerned.
"It's non of your business," I said then I left the room but Logan just followed me and walked with me through the halls.
"Your father had a talk with me," I came to a halt.
"And?"
"He invited me over for dinner."
"And?"
"I kind of said yes."
"What? Why?"
"He cornered me. He was very frightening."
"Ughh..." I was so frustrated when Jenny appeared.
"Ally," she called, "wait. who's the hottie."
"Hi. I'm Ally's boyfriend."
"What?"
"No he is not. Oh and only Jenny gets to call me 'Ally'."
"It's fine if he's your boyfriend."
"He's not my boyfriend!" I got even more frustrated, "his name is Logan and he's my fake boyfriend."
"Oh the one who almost got killed by your father."
"Yeah. That's me," Logan reached out his hand.
"I'm her best friend. Not the fake bestfriend, the real one," Jenny took his hand and the smile on her face quickly turned into a frown and so did Logan's.
"I'm sorry. I gotta go," said Logan and he walked so quickly away from us looking like he was trying to get away from something.
"We should go." Said Jenny as she grabbed my arm.
"What was that?"
"Nothing. I just got a bad vibe when I touched him. My guts tell me to stay away from him, so that's what we are going to do."
"What's wrong with him?"
"A lot."
"What do you mean?"
"Nothing..." she denied but I could already tell that she's lying, "it's better if you keep away from him."
"Why?" I questioned her and she raised her voice at me.
"Do what I say," she shouted then she ran towards her car.

~~~~~

The doorbell rang and I panicked. I'm not done preparing. My hair is a total mess. Wait. Why am I nervous about this? Being nervous means I'm excited and being excited would mean that I actually care about what Logan thinks of me.

Stop it. Just go down there and get this over with.

I ran downstairs to find out that it wasn't Logan at the door. It was Harv.
"Harv? What are you doing here?"
"Well I wanted to get an early start on planning for our project."
"Wow. I actually already did some advance planning since girls are actually better at that. No offence."
"No, no...I totally agree."
"Here are my plans," I handed him a piece of paper where I wrote my plans down on, "study it and if you want to make some changes then we can talk about it tomorrow in school."
"Yeah okay. I'll get going now."
"Sure, bye. Take care."
"Honey!" my mum shouted from the kitchen. "Why don't you invite your friend to join us for dinner."
"That's actually a good idea," it is. maybe if Harv is there, my parents would hold back and try to be more polite to Logan.
"Is it okay with you?" Harv asked.
"Are you kidding it would be great if you could stay."
"Really?"
"Yeah come on in."
Harv entered and made his way to the living room looking around the house. I turned to the door and was about to close it when I was shocked by Logan who was now standing at the doormat. I let out a small scream and he smirks at me.
"Hey babe," he said teasingly, followed by an arrogant wink.
"Shut up and get in."
"Well thank you for the warm welcome," he said sarcastically as he took small steps inside the house while I closed the door.
"Is it weird that I got to see your room first before your living room?" he said.
"It's very out of the ordinary," my father stated as he walked towards Logan, "and something that I never wanna happen again. Next time pass through the living room before going to the bedroom and remember to introduce yourself and not just sneak in."
"Will do sir," Logan's confidence instantly turned into complete nervousness.
"Be sure. Because if something like last night happens again I won't hit you. I'll just pull the trigger. Do we have an understanding?"
"Yes sir, we do," said Logan as they shook hands and for the first time my father smiled at Logan.
"Great. Let's eat then," my father put his arms around Logan and walked him to the dinning table where Logan suddenly looked tense and very uncomfortable. And for some reason it seems like it was because of Harv.

Logan's POV

"Allison. Come help me baby," Allison's mum called her to the kitchen while her father was taking something from his car. I turned to Harv and took the chance to talk to him.
"What are you doing here?"
"It has absolutely nothing to do with you."
"But it has something to do with Allison and when it comes to her, I will always get involved. Leave her alone Harv."
"That's prince Harv to you. And I'm not here for her. I'm here for the person who is coming for her," he said as he took a sip from his glass of water, "I'm here for John."