After the Flash

All around me, the only thing I see, is sand. Sand and rubble. All this used to be a city. Now all that's left is a wasteland. Ever since the nukes from Russia came here it turned the whole USA into a wasteland.The people were taken out too... most of them. The rest that didn't have the luck to die changed... into monsters. But some of us that weren't taken out of the blast survived. Me being one of them. I was in New York on a business trip, working on moving my hotel there. I almost got them to agree when I could hear the bombs in the distance.That was just the start. The first thing I did was see where they were. To my horror they were comming closer. I grabbed the men and started pulling them down stairs, we were in a big glass buildings almost 27 levels up, so I knew if we didn't get to lower ground that the building could fall down on top of us. Already the building was shaking. Thankfully we got out. Otherwise we would have been killed instantly. I wonder if that would have made it easier. Just ending it at the start. Not having to go through all this. But I can't think of that now, I need to keep pushing forward. After we for out of the building is when I first saw those... things. They came with the nukes, crawling out of the holes in the buildings. They looked like normal humans at first but when they got close enough... that's when we saw them for what they really were. they were I sick gray for skin, hair falling out, clothes torn. It was a horrible sight. I pushed them into a near by truck and got out of there as fast as I could. We drove untill the night came. I kept telling myself that I would get back to my wife and family. but it was a long time till I would even get to the state they were in, let alone find them. Because that's the moment when the emp's went off. The truck slowed to a stop, and the one thing that went through my mind at that point is, this just got a whole lot harder.