Chapter 4

No ones P.O.V.
As Wildpaw bounced around the forest her mentor smiled and said' I think I might take you to the border with Squirrelclan first, I don't want you accidentally crossing it!', 'ok!' Wildpaw answered cheerfully. They crossed over the ravine and halted at the border. 'Now pay attention,' said Hazelpool sternly as Wildpaw wrinkled up her face at the fishy stench. 'Why does Squirrelclan stink so much' queried Wildpaw. 'Wildpaw, that's not very nice of you. They only smell like that because they eat so much fish.' Hazelpool scolded. Wildpaw mentally rolled her eyes. She had forgotten that Hazelpools sister, Riverstream lived in Squirrleclan. 'Sorry Hazelpool' muttered Wildpaw. Wildpaw then immediately forgot about the insult as she spotted her sister Dapplepaw running towards them. 'Hi Dapplepaw!' Exclaimed Wildpaw. 'Wildpaw!' Shouted Dapplepaw, 'Wildpaw their attacking the camp!' , Hazelpools ears pricked up, ' Who are Dapplepaw' she said urgently. 'Darkclan' said Dapplepaw, the fear in her eyes pure. 'Wildpaw, Dapplepaw, do you want to fight.' Hazelpool asked quickly, the two apprentices we shaken, and we're going to say no, when they heard their mothers yowl. A fire lit in their eyes and they said together, ' yes' I a determined and definite tone. ' Just keep your claws out and stay out of the thick of it., now run!' Hazelpool let out a screech and the hurled themselves into the camp. When they got in they were meet by claws and teeth flying everywhere, and cats of all colours fighting. Hazelpool went straight over to help Stonepelt protect the nursery.

Wildpaws P.O.V.

Suddenly, Dapplepaw and I were on our own. A large grey tom slinked over to us, 'my, my, my, two little kits, all on their own' He purred. 'We aren't kits, we are apprentices' scowled Dapplepaw. Whitepaw came running over, and all of a sudden, he leaped on the toms back and fastened needle-sharp teeth into his ear. I lunged for his other ear, Whitepaw would not be alone. Dapplepaw took this as a signal, and went straight for his long tail. The grey tom began to shake, whipping his claws up to his ears, and round to his tail. Dapplepaw was thrown off, and he had almost clawed open Whitepaws throat. I took a quick glance round the rest of the battle. We were losing, they had every warrior fully fighting, and ours were injured. The grey tom was treating us like prey, hovering over Whitepaw. I tried to attack him, but to him Dapplepaw and I were merely fleas. He ripped out Whitepaws throat. Badgerclaw noticed us all alone and went full speed for the tom, 'Get away from the apprentices Ratheart, and fight someone your own size!' Badgerclaw scraped his claws down Rathearts flank, and Dapplepaw and I went for his ears. I was pumped up, but then I heard Shadestar call for retreat. 'Darkclan, retreat! Fernclan will not steal prey again.' And with that they retreated. I turned to nuzzle my siblings, but Dapplepaw and Whitepaw were both lying on the ground. I was confused, the I turned, Ratheart was behind me. 'No kit claws of my ear and gets away with it, ' he snarled, his paw went up, and everything went black.