Chapter 2: The Royal Meeting

Oeca was confused once Ayngel's name was mentioned, "Isn't Ayngel a villager?" he asked. "You're correct, she is, but she wouldn't allow Magic to go without her and if anything, she has some experience. She can protect herself," Apo responded.

"Are you sure those are the right people?" Queen Graecie asked as she was quite worried but tried her best to hide it. "I'm sure..." Apo replied.

"Let's head back, I have a meeting with the other royals in the morning. This will be discussed more. There will be no turning back." Queen Graecie spoke in a calm but worried voice. "If I may, Graecie, I think Apo chose the right people and if anything were to happen Apo and I will be there to protect them" Owen replied.

They started walking back to the castle. As they walked along the path Owen had stayed behind Gracie and Oeca with Apo, who walked beside him.

"Apo..." Owen spoke restfully, as he gave Apo the book Oeca gave him either in the maze. "What's this?" Apo asked. "Oeca put it together, it's the length and width of each corridor and area of the maze from what's been mapped so far." he told Apo, as he added, "This book can come in handy."

"I suppose you have a point. I'll put this somewhere safe" Apo replied as he kept a hold of the book until they reached the castle. Apo and Owen went into a separate medium size building that all the guards stayed in, which was at the top of the castle. Owen had walked right over to Mohwee, while Apo walked over to his sleeping quarters and placed the book inside a cassone (chest).

Oeca walked back to his house after talking to Queen Graecie. Once morning time came Queen Graecie headed over to the center of where the kingdoms usually met for meetings as it was right in the middle of the clearing.

As soon as everyone had arrived they started to talk, "Greacie, have you decided on who's going into the dark maze from your kingdom?" Queen Rasbi asked, hoping for an answer. "I did, I'm suggesting we send Owen, Apo, Oeca, Kyle & Mohwee from my kingdom as they are the most experienced" She replied.

"Apo? I'm surprised you chose him after what he did" Ori spoke, coming towards them from behind a tree. "Ori, I'm surprised to see you here, as of all this is a Royal meeting" Rasbi stated, "I was only walking by and overheard what you were all saying" he responded.

"I'm sure Apo didn't kill those people in the second clearing, that was Bek..." Queen Graecie stated in an upset tone, "Graecie with all due respect, he pulled the lever" he remarked. "You pulled a lever, you're lucky it didn't do anything, but you still risked it" Queen Rasbi stated, as she forgave Apo a while ago as she knew she couldn't blame him as it was bound to happen soon enough. "In my opinion, someone would've still pulled it... It might have not been then but it was bound to happen, Ori" Red said in a calm voice but there was still a hint of worry within the words he spoke.

"I understand that you are all close to Apo, but these are-" Ori had been interrupted, "I don't think you do, the people who will be going in are Apo, Owen, Oeca, Kyle, Queen Magic, Bekymon, Mohwee, Krow, & Ayngel" Queen Rasbi stated as she spoke once more, "That's it will talk some other time, this meeting is other... I suggest you get your people ready to go in".

Everyone didn't say a word until Ori decided to say "fine, I won't stop you" Ori left them. The meeting continued, "When are we going in?" Queen Magic asked, "Tomorrow Morning, you'll see Owen & Apo waiting there by the time you & Bekyamon arrive" Queen Graecie replied.

The Meeting ended, as they all agreed on what Rasbi had stated about allowing Apo inside the Maze with the others, everyone went back to their Kingdom except Queen Magic & Graecie who decided to stay behind & talk for a bit.