The Date makeover

Ada pushed me into the bathroom, making my red hair swirl around me. She then pulled out a bright pink bag that contained...

"Oh no."

"Oh yes!" Ada smiled, her bright blueish eyes lighting up with joy. I sighed in regret but eventually relented and closed my eyes as she unzipped the bag, pulling out various colors of lipsticks and eyeshadows.

"Please do something simple." I begged, and Ada just smiled knowingly.

After about 30 minutes I became restless.

"We you done yet?" I questioned, tilting my head up to see Ada curling my hair. I groaned. This was bound to take at least 20 more minutes and I had to meet James at about nine, and it was already 8:15.

Ada's focus on my hair intensified.

"Just give me about..." she checked her watch. "Ten more minutes." I groaned but relented. I leaned back in the chair and my ear brushed something hot.

"AHHH!" I screamed. "What was that?" I turned to the bathroom mirror to see my beautiful red hair in swirling waves, but my ear was a fiery red.

"Oops." Ada said sheepishly. "I think your ear is burnt." I glared at her jokingly for a second before she smiled and proceeded to clamp my eyelashes with an eyelash curler.

"Aaah!" I screamed once again. Unfortunately a second scream was brought to the attention of three of our dorm mates, Mary, Marlene, and Lily, (who's hair was still an unfortunate green color) to come charging in.

" What are you guys even doing to make those screams, we were trying to relax." Marlene's snobby voice filled the room.

We glared at them. "Jeez! We are just getting ready for," Ada smiled, "Scarlett's date."

Marlene's entire personality suddenly seemed to change, from mean girl to gossip girl.

" OMG, give me the tea. The school newspaper and my gOsSiP gRoUps, (edit when I typed this, it autocorrected it that for some reason 🤣) will literally die if it's with one of the Marauders. I can see The headline now, Upstart sister of Lily Evans goes on date with... wait who's the date with? OMG, how did..." Marlene trailed off suddenly when she was elbowed aggressively by Lily.

"Stop talking!" She muttered to a hurt Marlene, while Mary giggled at her.

" How did you even manage to land a date, Scarlett? Like, no offense, but like, half the student population, like, knows you as, like, my sister so..." Lily said in a patronizing tone.

I rolled my eyes at her. " for your information, which I shouldn't even give you, it's actually on a date with James, do you know the guy that used to be in love with you before he turned to me?"

Mary and Marlene's eyes widened.

"Oh? The kitties got some claws." Lily said tauntingly. " Listen here. I don't know where you got in your mind that James actually likes you, but I bet you he's not even gonna show up so don't even get your hopes up. Just a word from your dear sister, speaking honestly."

"For once." Muttered Ada under her breath, flipping her blond hair over her shoulder.

" Can you just leave?" I yelled at them, and they filed out, Lilly rolling her green eyes and flipping her hair with her perfectly manicured pink nails.

"Ignore them!", Ada said reassuringly. I nodded, and she put the final touches on my makeup.

"I think you're ready." She beamed. But don't look yet. "I have to give you your outfit!"

She ran out and came back with an outfit which I quickly put on before opening my eyes and looking into the mirror.

Scarletts dress (you can choose whichever you like or think of something else :) )

Option 1

Option 3

Option 3

(Whatever you'd like)

"Omg! This is amazing! I love it!" Scarlett screamed, hugging Ada tightly. " I love this!"

"Aww thanks!" Ada beamed, but then pulled away quickly, "I don't want to mess up your makeup! Now shoo! Go to your date!"

I beamed at her and walked out of the dorm to the Astronomy tower, equally excited and terrified to see James.

Meanwhile, James was preparing for one of the biggest decisions of his year. Date or full moon?