Chapter One

"Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call The Prestige." - (The Prestige, 2006)

...

Chapter One
Kamino District
....

The city was in flames as the hellfire consumed building after building. Screams erupted one after another, only to be silenced. First Kamino than the rest of Japan would soon be swallowed up by the hellish flames that were melting even the very streets into a disgustingly grotesque paste.

It would have just been dawn, yet the smoke covered the sky in artificial darkness. Ash fell from the heavens like snow, and the air burned to breathe. Even stopping for a second to rest would be like torture.

Most of the civilians had evacuated leaving those screams to belong to the other pro heroes, the police, and people who wished to help. It was a culling of those who stood for peace and justice and the force that Izuku almost died trying to stop.

Momo Yaoyorozu, Ochako Uraraka, and Kyoka Jiro stood together as they watched the destruction unfold. Their clothes were torn, and their skin burned in places, but they all had a purpose, to protect Izuku Midoriya at all costs.

"It's getting closer." Ochako said as the flames spread closer to them.

The flames were the result of a madman villain known as Dabi. After a lengthy battle with a man known as All For One, All Might had lost his power. In that moment, Dabi appeared to set fire to all and received multiple quirks from All For One, turning him into a force of pure destruction.

"Can he be stopped?" Momo asked as she braced for a blast of hot air caused by the collapse of a large building.

"Dammit!" A voice screamed out from behind them, catching their attention. "If only I kept a closer eye on that dammed nerd, none of this would have happened!" Bakugo said as he got to his feet.

"Bakugo, we know you feel guilty for Izuku, but charging to your death won't solve anything, and you know that." Jiro said as she watched the flames.

"I started this rescue misson, and since he's incompasitated, I can't guarantee his survival." Bakugo said calmly as he walked past the girls. "You get him out of here and survive." Bakugo said as he pointed away from the fire similar to what All Might had done.

Ochako knew Bakugo was right, Izuku couldn't fight, and they needed to protect his vulnerable body for as long as possible. "It's suicide." She muttered, knowing he was no match for Dabi.

"That's why I'll go with him." Shoto’s voice called out as he walked next to Bakugo.

"If Baku bros going to fight then so I am, after all, it's a man's duty to protect the women close to him." Kirashima said, standing alongside the other bros.

"Roundface is right, you know, we'll probably all die." Bakugo said as he cracked his knuckles.

"Then we do it together." Shoto said as he powered up both his fire and ice side. "For All Might, for UA, and for each other." Shoto said uncharacteristically stoicly.

"Let's do this." Kirishima yelled as all three boys ran head-first into the flames ahead of them.

The girls nodded in unison as they got to bringing Izuku to his feet. "It's time to do our duty." Ochako said.

"For Izuku." Jiro said, brushing her hand against the boy's dirty covered face.

"For Izuku." Momo said, holding his hand in her own tightly feeling how course yet smooth his hands truly were.

"For Izuku." Ochako said, feeling Izuku's strong and defined calf muscles as they carried him off to safety.

None of the girls were sure if they could save Izuku, but they each loved him deeply. No matter what happened next, they would face it together for the boy they loved. However, similar to magic heroics required more than just saving someone. Izuku was someone who had that step, that final piece that could truly save someone, The Heroes Prestige.
...