Changes

~ Ash ~

Well Bear is coming up for one and we've had to adapt around the fact Philip only has one and a half arms. Some people say changes are good but not in all cases, Philip really struggled to be the person he was after his arm was gone, he stepped down from his position and I took over I guess you could say I'm The Governor now. But Bear is so in love with Philip and I he thinks we're his parents and I have some good news for Philip tonight, I'm pregnant again but whether or not I carry to full term is another story. I don't know if I'll cope having two kids under five years old, Bear is such a handful now he can walk, he gets into everything and you can't take your eyes off him for one second or he'll be touching something he shouldn't be. With Philip on the road to rebuilding his confidence and me being in charge right now everything is a little hectic. Katelynne, my now closest friend is helping me out a lot. She has a new partner now and a kid, I don't think we should really be bringing kids into this god forsaken world but who am I too judge, I have Bear and another one on the way. I really hope we can keep Woodbury together for a long time.

"Right Martinez and Zach check the walls and fix any repairs."

"Yes Ma'am."

"Now Noah and Miles you keep watch and kill any biters that approach. Din't worry I'll have the whole perimeter covered."

"Yes Ma'am."

After I gave out all my orders I went over to visit Katelynne and little Evan. He's adorable, he's only a few weeks old but he looks so much like Katelynne.

"Hey Katelynne."

"Oh hey Ash, come in."

"Where is he?" I asked

"Evan? He's in his stroller in the living room."

"Can I hold him?" I asked making my way towards the stroller.

"Of course."

"Where's Jon?"

"You had him put on perimeter watch."

"No I didn't."

"Well that's where he went off to."

"Maybe Martinez called for him."

"Maybe."

Katelynne and I talked until Evan had to go for a nap but that was okay I had to get home to Bear and Philip. Tonight is the night I tell Philip about the new baby.

"Philip?"

"In here."

I walked into the living room.

"Hey Ash how was your day?"

"Good yeah. I went to see Evan and Katelynne."

"Oh how are they?"

"Good yeah. How has your day been?"

"Fun, Bear and I have been playing games all day."

"Oh sounds like you boys had a great time without me."

"Well we did."

I picked Bear up and he gave me a hug and a kiss. I walked into the kitchen and Philip followed me.

"So what are we having for tea?" asked Philip

"I was thinking some beans and rice."

"I'll eat it."

"Good."

I passed him Bear and made a start on tea. Once we finished eating we put Bear to bed and then we sat together in the living room. Now was the time to tell him.

"Philip?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I'm pregnant...we're having a baby."

"Really!?"

"Yeah really. Are you okay?" I asked

"Yeah fine. How far along are you?"

"Around two months."

"Wow. I'm going to be a Dad...again."

"Yeah you are."

—— Seven Months Later ——

~ Philip ~

"Push Ash!"

"I am!!"

Ash was in labour and she was almost done.

"One more push Ash come on Ash you can do it."

And with that out came our baby. Kicking and screaming. Healthy by the sounds of it.

"It's a girl." said the Doctor

"It's a baby girl Ash."

She was out cold on the living room floor. We had a home birth.

——-

"Ph...Philip?"

"Right here Ash."

"Where is it?"

"It's a she Ash and she's right here."

Ash sat up and I managed to pick up the baby and pass her to Ash.

"She's gorgeous."

"Isn't she just. What are we going to call her?" I asked

"Blossom?"

"No thank you."

"Grace?"

"Yeah I like that. Grace. I like that."

"Grace it is then."

Grace was a good change for us. But me losing my arm was not. Changes aren't always good and I've learned that now. But I have a feeling I can be a better father and a better leader.