Onesies - E.M.

Summary: Emma sees a pair of onesies at the mall, and just has to get them for the both of you.

"'Buy the onesies,' she said. 'It will be fun,' she said," you grumble under your breath. Your girlfriend, Emma glances at you and laughs. "It is fun. We look cute," she shrugs, grinning.
     The two of you are currently walking around the mall, clad in your 'cute' matching grizzly bear onesies. Emma had seen them while browsing through clothes in some little store and almost screamed. She told you that they were adorable and that you should totally get them, an offer you chose to deny.
     "Em, I love you and all, but I am not getting that. You can have one if you really like them, though," you had chuckled. So, the two of you left the store with armfuls of bags, none of which contained the onesies.
     But you're both wearing them now, so there has to be more. And with Emma, there's always more.
     In this case, it was more begging. In every store you visited, from Nike, to Hot Topic, to Build-a-Bear ("We can have these bears instead."), Emma had managed to bring up the onesies. It seemed like she really did want them.
     So, you eventually gave in.
     You had decided that maybe it wasn't a big deal, and maybe they were as cute as Emma had said. Besides, getting to see the look on her face when she finally did get them was worth looking foolish at home with her. So, when the two of you had left the food court,  you led her back to the store she had seen the onesies in.
     "Go ahead," you had told her, standing in the doorway. And so, without a word (maybe a small squeal, though), Emma practically sprinted to the isle she was in before. And when she came back, much too late for her to only be buying the two onesies, your jaw dropped to the floor.
     There she stood, smiling proudly at you. In the onesie.
     You groaned. "You're wearing it now?" Emma nodded. "Yeah, that's why I bought it. Here." She held out a bag that obviously had yours in it. You took the bag but didn't move. "I'll wear it at home," you explained. "But I already put mine on," Emma complained. She flipped up her hood, which had little ears on the top, for emphasis.
     If you weren't so embarrassed about the possibility of you wearing yours soon, you'd think it was cute.
     "You can wear yours. I'll wear mine later," you repeated. Emma fixed her lips in a pout. "But I wanted to wear them out. It'll be so fun, I pinky promise," she said, holding out her pinky. You shook your head. You were not going to be seen anywhere in that. Emma sighed.
     You turned to go, but noticed that Emma didn't. "What?" you asked, even though you were sure what she was about to do. "Please? Just once? Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please-"
     "Okay, okay, I'll wear it if you stop saying that," you groaned.
     And that's how you got into your current predicament. You're not exactly ecstatic about walking around the mall dressed as a bear, but Emma is practically vibrating. She's looking back at you with this big smile plastered on her face, and her grip on your hand might very well cut off your circulation.     
     But it's okay.

     You sigh, smiling back at her warmly. It's okay because she's happy, and she's smiling, and she looks like she was just given the world. So maybe it won't be so bad to walk around in this silly onesie for the day. As long as she keeps smiling at you like that.